Chapter 37

Y/N POV

I clicked into the article titling "That Nikita Mazepin Video" and instantly regretted my decision of putting all my trust on Jennie. The fans cares about driver's actions on and off the track and there is no way the fans will like Mazepin after seeing the video.

Y/N: Oh **** what have I done.

After seeing that video, I decided to google more about the driver to figure out about his personality and popularity amongst Formula 1 fans. Currently this is not looking good as the comments from the fans are all negative. Seems like everyone wants Callum Ilott to get the second seat and partner Mick Schumacher. I guess one thing that hasn't changed is the hate from the fan against paid drivers. Lance Stroll wasn't really popular amongst fans when he made his debut in 2017, Nicholas Latifi wasn't greeted well by the fans when he debuted in 2020 and now, in 2021, it seems like nobody likes Nikita Mazepin.

Continuing my google, I found out that his personality was not the best as well. With a very aggressive driving style and forcing multiple drivers right against the pit wall or out of track when battling to maintain position. Sure aggressive driving style is needed for a driver who is racing in the tight midfield pack. However, many people think that his driving style is dangerous and all the comments about him online are negative comments. 

I don't know why, but watching him hit the board into Yuki Tsunoda after losing the win through a time penalty was the final straw

I don't know why, but watching him hit the board into Yuki Tsunoda after losing the win through a time penalty was the final straw. I need to solve this Nikita Mazepin issue. The hashtag #WeSayNoToMazepin and #MazepinOut are the most trending topics about Formula 1 on Twitter. I need to see if there is a way I could fix this and get Callum Ilott the seat like the fans wanted to do. I decided to call Guenther Steiner and see what I can do in this situation.

Guenther Steiner: Y/N, I was about to call you too

Y/N: Hi Guenther, we need to talk.

Guenther Steiner: You go first then Y/N.

Y/N: It's about this Nikita Mazepin situation. I don't think he's the driver that we should have at Haas, I think we should find another driver.

Guenther Steiner: Glad we are nearly on the same page. Listen I wanted a new driver too because that Mazepin kid is definitely going to cause problems.

Y/N: Good I'm thinking we should approach 2020 Formula 2 runner up Callum Ilott.

Guenther Steiner: Here's the thing, we need Nikita in our team. Our finances are completely f***ed, so we agreed to put him in our car and his dad will fund our development and put our finances right.

Y/N: So we are just going to keep him? The fans are not happy about this.

Guenther Steiner: Well we hope we can keep him, the FIA are under investigation after that harassment video on his social media. That f***ing idiot. 

I was wondering, why is Nikita under investigation from the FIA regarding his video. Usually the FIA doesn't care about off track antics. But I was wrong, the FIA seemed to care about the culture, ethics and would monitor the drivers actions both on and off track. I saw the news and the FIA have criticised Mazepin's behaviour and has said his actions are unacceptable.

Guenther Steiner: Have you seen the news yet? Nikita is under investigation, but I think it'll be fine it's not within the paddock so he'll drive for us. About the problem, I want you to figure out a solution, we won't be getting a new driver and since you annoyed the fans by suggesting Nikita to the team, you should take responsibility of it.

Y/N: Ok Guenther, I'll think of a solution. Bye.

Great, now I have to come up with a solution to settle the fans about this Nikita Mazepin situation. If only I knew about the truth about Jennie where she was trying to ruin my life and ruin everything I do, I could avoid all these problem that are currently happening to me. I tried to call Jennie to see what she can do but she wasn't picking up. After many many tries, I finally got through to Jennie's phone.

Jennie: Hi babe.

Y/N: Don't babe me, I shouldn't have trusted you.

Jennie: Calm down babe, what happened?

Y/N: Just shut up, you are trying to ruin my life by being my girlfriend.

Jennie: Oh honey, you finally figured it out.

Y/N: And I actually trusted you.

Jennie: Guess what, I was trying to ruin your life and what are you going to do about it.

Y/N: Well and since you started this by recommending me Mazepin you are going to fix this Mazepin problem yourself.

Jennie: Sorry can't do that, it's your problem now bye.

Y/N: FINE AND I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN.

Ugh great, thanks to Jennie, I have to deal with this problem myself. Why did I put all my trust to this girl , I should have trusted my sister and my mom cause at the end of the day they are family. Anyways, I need to figure out how to solve this problem myself.

Jennie POV

Sitting down looking at my bank account, I sat down and smiled. Knowing Y/N is now suffering, suffering from what I have created. Oh dear Y/N, you are too naive to trust people blindly. Let this be a lesson to you. 

I opened up my laptop looking at all the negative comments that the internet have given to Nikita Mazepin. Finally I have gotten my revenge, I have made Y/N's life miserable and as a bonus I have made a profit from making Y/N's life miserable. Even though I do want to get more out from Y/N trusting me, like controlling his bank account or something. But I guess this has to end, and since I have already gotten some sort of revenge by making Y/N's life miserable, I decided to call it a day on this given that I don't think he will ever trust me. 

And I'll just leave it there. How will Y/N fix this Nikita Mazepin problem? Is Jennie really done with Y/N or will she come back again.

As I promised, updates will be more frequent now that school and football has ended so here you go.

Once again, thank you for all your support and please do continue voting and supporting this book. I will see you next chapter.