02 | my pair

"YOU SHOULD GO FOR IT!" Jeongwoo exclaimed and took the form from Mashiho.

We all sat down side by side, Jeongwoo started to fill in the form with my details while Mashiho looked around the convenience store.

"Hyeonhee, I didn't know you could sing" Junkyu starred at me.

I smiled shyly to Junkyu, on the other hand I gave a death glare to Jeongwoo. I didn't want anyone else to know that I could sing but here I am being scouted for a show just because I was humming to a song. In addition, the part-timer who works with me now knows.

"I think Hyeonhee should be on king of mask singer instead." Jeongwoo snickered as he was busy filling in the form.

"I have a feeling you're going to perform in a pair." Junkyu said as he starred at Mashiho who was now busy typing on his phone.

"A pair? I rather go solo." I sighed.

"I don't think you can choose." Jeongwoo said as he read the rules that were stated on the form.

Jeongwoo finally finished filling in the form and we headed to Mashiho. He handed the form and Mashiho gave us his phone number in exchange. He said he was going to contact me tomorrow for the first meeting of all the contestants that were participating in the show.

"Is there a high chance that she'll get a pair?" Jeongwoo asked.

"There's a 70% chance, everything will be decided tomorrow when she meets the other contestants." Mashiho stated and headed out.

I suddenly felt a chill at my bone when I heard there was a 70% chance to get a pair. I don't think I can cooperate with a stranger that I'm going to meet for the first time tomorrow. I mean imagine how long it's going to take for us to practice for the show and get comfortable with each other. I heard it could take 5-6 months before I get to appear on the show.

"If you get a guy as your pair, I'm going to follow you for practice every time and everywhere. I'll keep an eye on you." Jeongwoo stated briefly.

"What a thoughtful friend." Junkyu smiled.

I sighed and tried to not think about it.

"By the way what were you doing here anyway?" I asked Jeongwoo.

"Didn't I say I wanted to buy food for you earlier?" Jeongwoo laughed.

"Totally forgot about that." I smiled.

Not to mention, I am going to be a spoilt brat since Jeongwoo got me into this. I'm going to take all the food that I'm craving now and make sure he pays lmao. Sucks for him, he offered to buy food for me.

THE NEXT DAY

"Choi Hyeonhee, are you awake?" I heard Hyunsuk's voice which ringed through my ears.

I answered and headed down. I was shocked because Jeongwoo was sitting in front of Hyunsuk, he was even munching on my breakfast. I think half of my breakfast was gone.

"What's he doing here?" I rolled my eyes and wanted to head back into my room since I look like a total mess.

"Isn't he the guy that always walks with you? PARK JEONGWOO?" Hyunsuk snickered.

I sighed and headed to the table. Jeongwoo's not going to care about how I look right? I tried to comb my hair with my fingers but I still looked like a mess. I approached them and stole the sandwich from Jeongwoo as I starred at him who looked happy.

"Aren't you nervous for today?" Hyunsuk asked.

My hands felt a bit sweaty thinking about the amount of contestants that would be at the venue later on. I already received a message from Mashiho yesterday about the meeting today.

"A little bit." I answered as I continued to munch on the sandwich.

"You better take care of my lil sis." Hyunsuk looked over to Jeongwoo.

"Of course I will." Jeongwoo laughed as he put on his jeans jacket. I could tell he was even more nervous than I was.

A few minutes after that,

We arrived at the venue and there was more than 50 people lining up to get in. I couldn't believe my eyes, why were there so many people? I gulped and held onto Jeongwoo's sleeve tightly.

We walked into the venue and met with Mashiho, he was running around looking for the contestants. We sat down at the corner waiting for Mashiho to come to us as he was really busy now.

I looked around and it seems like everyone was practicing their vocals, no matter if you are good or not. Just as I wanted to scroll through social media on my phone, someone caught my attention, he was a tall boy, wearing a black leather jacket and black leather jeans, he had some accessories on, necklaces, bracelets and rings. He looked really good, I starred at him for a while and he looked my way. I looked away swiftly avoiding eye contact with him.

"Hyeonhee." Jeongwoo nudged my arm and I got back to reality.

"yup" I answered as I faced him. Mashiho was standing in front of us.

"Follow me, we are going to meet your pair." Mashiho said as he took us to an empty room.

I sat down on the chair and Jeongwoo sat beside me. I couldn't stop shaking my legs, my hands started to sweat a little and I kept starring at the door. I was slightly anticipating and maybe 50% not anticipated to see my pair. I heard footsteps getting louder and louder and that's when I knew this is the start of my new experience.

"I guess they're here." Jeongwoo said as we both stood up.

"Hyeonhee, this is your pair. He's name is Watanabe Haruto." Mashiho said as he walked in.

I couldn't believe my eyes, it was the guy that caught my attention in the hall just a few minutes ago.

Author's note :

So Hyeonhee ended up getting a pair which is a guy....obviously- here comes the protective bestie Jeongwoo in action.