07 | what you see is not what you believe

"WATANABE HARUTO!?" We dropped our banana milk in unison.

Haruto approached us. He picked up both of the bottles that were lying on the floor.

"It's not good to waste banana milk." Haruto handed both banana milk bottles to Jeongwoo.

"You should wipe your shoes." Haruto pointed at my shoes that had banana milk spilled on.

I quickly took out a few pieces of tissues and wiped it off hurriedly before it stained my shoes.

"So you're the new student." Jeongwoo sighed loudly and threw away the banana milk bottles.

"Is that seat empty?" Haruto asked and pointed to the seat beside me.

"y-yea?" I answered softly and he immediately sat without further questions.

"You can't sit there." Jeongwoo said as he glared at Haruto.

"Why not?" Haruto asked.

"Um? hmmm? because she doesn't like guys." Jeongwoo blurted.

"That doesn't make sense since she's okay with you...." Haruto ended the conversation.

I starred at those two, their conversation was so embarrassing. Everyone in the class could hear them bicker because of how loud Jeongwoo was. I sighed and sat down at my seat while looking away from those two, I'm going to pretend I don't know them.

"Hyeonhee, who's this?" Jaehyuk gestured as he pointed at Haruto who was sitting in front of him.

I gestured back to Jaehyuk to not ask any questions yet.

"Hey, I'm Haruto. I'm just transferred here today." Haruto introduced himself to Jaehyuk.

"Oh yes okay. I'm Yoon Jaehyuk and this is Park Jeongwoo." Jaehyuk awkwardly pointed at Jeongwoo who was sulking while looking out the window.

"I know." Haruto sighed and laid his head onto the table.

Class was going to start soon but those two were still not on good terms, one was sulking and one more is sinking into the table. I sighed at the sight of those two, when will they be on good terms with each other.

4:00PM

Time to head home.

"Hyeonhee, don't forget to take your revision books from your locker." Jeongwoo said as he went out from class.

"I'll wait for you at the school gate, don't be late. I won't wait for you." Jeongwoo warned as he headed off with Jaehyuk.

Haruto still hasn't woken up from his sleep. I poked him with my pencil but he wouldn't budge. Most of the students already headed out including Jaehyuk and Jeongwoo. I sighed and thought of another way to wake him up.

I kicked his chair a little but there was no response from him. I came closer and looked at his face, he was really asleep that he couldn't even feel my existence. Damn he really is handsome, without realising I was starring at him longer. All of a sudden, Haruto started to move a little and his eyes started to open slowly. I inched away slowly and continued to pack my bag awkwardly.

Haruto starred around until he finally realised what time it was. We were running late and I stared to get a ton of messages from Jeongwoo. I starred at my phone and before I could reply his messages, Haruto held me by my wrist.

"Don't move." Haruto said sleepily as he held my hand to stand up from his chair.

I stood there frozen, I was almost like a pole.

"Oh sorry." Haruto said and let go of my hand as he headed out.

My heart started beating fast again exactly like the time it beated when I was nervous about Junghwan's match, but the weird thing is my face started to burn up as though I had a high fever.

I snapped out of it and checked my phone. Jeongwoo's probably waiting for me, he's going to leave me because I'm late. I hurriedly sling my bag onto my shoulders and walked out of the classroom. I checked my phone for the messages.

Hyeonhee, I have to go first. I'll call Hyunsuk to pick you up. - Jeongwoo

I read his message. Why did he suddenly have to go? Does he have basketball practice today or something? I sighed and messaged Hyunsuk.

I ran to the school gate and waited for Hyunsuk to arrive.

"My lovely sister, let's head home." Hyunsuk said as he rushed to give me a hug.

"Not in front of the school gate." I playfully pushed him a little.

JEONGWOO'S POV

"What's taking Hyeonhee so long?" Jaehyuk asked as we stood in front of the school gate waiting for her figure but she still hasn't appeared.

"What if she's stuck in the toilet or she fell or something happened to her?" Jaehyuk suddenly came up with all these scenarios that made me feel worried.

"Let's wait for another 3 minutes. If she doesn't appear then I'm going to check on her." I said as I kept messaging her but she wasn't answering.

3 minutes passed and she still hasn't appeared. The school was nearly empty and I got even more worried, what if something really happened to her?

"Jaehyuk, you head home first. I'm going to check on Hyeonhee." I immediately ran to our class.

Before I stepped into the classroom I was hoping nothing bad happened to her. I saw a figure of a girl and boy in our class and I thought it wouldn't be Hyeonhee but it could be her she might be in danger. I took another look, instead of approaching her, I walked away instead.

Author's note :

I feel bad for Jeongwoo :( but like i don't know what's going on at this point-