18 | last rehearsal

TUESDAY

"I'm already at the set, where are you?"

I texted Haruto as he said we'll meet here for rehearsals.

"I'm on my way, you can get your make up done first."

He texted.

"Hyeonhee, come here!" Minyoung called as I followed her to backstage.

"I've got extra special make up to try on you today." She said as she held the brush up high.

I felt excited too as she has never disappointed anyone in her make-up skills.

"Let's get it on, haha" I chuckled as she started. 

"Where's Haruto?" She asked.

"He said he's on the way, he told me to get my make-up done first." I answered while waiting for his text to come in.

"Maybe he's running late because he's nervous since today is the last rehearsal before the real show which starts in a few weeks." 

"Getting reminded about the real show makes me feel really nervous too." I sighed.

"Cheer up Hyeonhee, I know you'll do well, besides you have Haruto by your side." Minyoung cheered.

"Right? I won't cause a scene would I?" I smiled as I looked at myself in the mirror.

"Aaah, I have a question." I giggled lightly as I turned to Minyoung.

"For me? What is it?" She stopped for a while and awaited for my question.

"Do you perhaps have a boyfriend, that's working as a manager in a conveninece store?" I giggled as I thought of Junkyu's shocked face the other day.

"ummm? yes? How did you know-" 

"I work at his convenience store as a part-timer, he's name is Kim Junkyu right?" I asked just to be 100% confirmed.

"yup." Minyoung answered as she blushed a little.

"I'm jealous of you, since you have such a good-looking and kind boyfriend." I laughed.

"You don't need to be jealous Hyeonhee, you still have a long way to go. You'll find your Mr Right soon. Who knows he could be right next to you but you never realised." Minyoung chuckled.

"What do you mean right next to me?." 

"Hyeonhee! I'm sorry I'm late!" Haruto panted in front of the door.

"That's what I meant." Minyoung pointed.

"Haruto? My Mr. Right?" I starred at him.

"What are you starring at, now take this." Haruto approached me and handed me a chocolate bar.

"I got your favourite chocolate so that you won't get nervous." He said as he sat beside me waiting to get his make-up done.

"T-thank y-you." I smiled and ate the chocolate bit by bit.

I never knew my Mr. Right could be this close? Well is it really Haruto though?

"EVERYONE GET READY TO TAKE YOUR POSITIONS!" I heard Mashiho call out every contestant.

I and Haruto quickly took our spots. 

The rehearsal went on as planned and I was thankful that my voice came out well and clearly. I swear if my voice cracked during this last rehearsal, I would have been replaced or something similar to that. I wondered if it was going to go this smoothly on D-DAY, as there is going to be 5x more than the amount of people on the set now.