03 | him

The boy walked in with charisma and introduced himself. He seemed really confident.

"Hey, I'm Watanabe Haruto, 18 years old. Nice to meet you Hyeonhee and her friend I suppose?" Haruto said as he held out his hand for a handshake with Jeongwoo.

He was super tall and had a really deep voice. I was shocked that he was the same age as us. He really gave out this really bad boy type of vibes, I felt a bit scared to converse with him but I had to anyways because he's going to be my pair for the show.

"Hi, I'm Park Jeongwoo, and I'm her friend, her name is Choi Hyeonhee. She's a bit shy with new people. That's also a reason why I'm here with her. Oh and not to mention that we are all the same age." Jeongwoo shook Haruto's hand and we all sat down.

Haruto and Mashiho sat in front of us and I could feel the awkwardness in the air. I starred at the table because I couldn't make eye contact with anyone because I was nervous?

"So Hyeonhee and Haruto will be a pair for the episode that's going to air next year. We have a new season coming up and we are going to bring an international star, Bang Yedam as the guest for your episode." Mashiho briefed us.

"You have at least another 5-6 months till we need you for the live show." Mashiho smiled.

"5-6 months? That's like half a year" Jeongwoo said as he looked at the papers.

"We always prepare things before hand and this is actually normal for this show." Mashiho said.

"We need to practice for 5-6 months, that's reasonable." Haruto nodded in agreement.

"Hold up, both of you can sing right?" Mashiho asked for confirmation.

"I can rap and sing." Haruto said as he showed his audition video for the show.

"Hyeonhee can sing." Jeongwoo said confidently.

Mashiho nodded in agreement and we discussed about other things that we're suppose to do.

After a few briefings from Mashiho, we could finally exit the awkward atmosphere.

"I hope both of you can work well together, fighting!" Mashiho cheered as he headed back to work.

"Haruto, do you want to grab lunch with us?" Jeongwoo asked. Why did Jeongwoo invite him for lunch, it's going to be so awkward.

We headed to a restaurant nearby and we sat down facing each other. Haruto sat in front of me and Jeongwoo sat beside me.

"Hyeonhee, I need to pick up this call." Jeongwoo said as he headed out of the restaurant.

Now it was only me and Haruto at the table and I could feel the awkwardness again. I looked outside where Jeongwoo was standing and Haruto on the other hand took out his phone.

"Hyeonhee, can I get your number?" Haruto held his phone to me.

I faced him and hesitantly took his phone from his hands. Why does he want my number? I kept thinking on and on and hesitated to punch in my digits.

"I need your number to discuss later on." Haruto said as he looked away.

I felt relieved and punched in my digits. I handed back his phone to him and he smiled, I guess it was his way of saying thank you.

Jeongwoo came back in and he looked at me weirdly.

"Hyeonhee, is it hot in here?" Jeongwoo asked.

"No, why?" I asked back.

"You're kinda red." Jeongwoo said as he held my forehead.

"You're not sick." Jeongwoo stated.

I touched my face and it was burning, I was obviously blushing but Jeongwoo didn't realise. How can I blush just because Haruto asked for my number.

"cute." Haruto snickered while looking at his phone.

"What did you say?" Jeongwoo faced Haruto.

"Nothing.'

"I definitely heard 'cute'. What's cute?" Jeongwoo tilted his head waiting for Haruto to answer.

"The food is here." Haruto pointed and put his phone back into his pocket.

BACK HOME

"How did your day go? Jeongwoo looked like he had disappointment painted on his face when you guys came back." Hyunsuk stood in front of my bedroom door, I was lying on the bed thinking about what Haruto said back then. I dug my face into my pillow and ignored what Hyunsuk said.

"Wait" I said as I stood up from my bed.

Hyunsuk hurriedly walked back in and sat beside me.

"So is there something you want to talk about?" Hyunsuk asked as he was curious.

"Is love at first sight real?" I asked wanting to know the answer.

"Are you in love with someone? I'm going to tell mom and dad..." Hyunsuk said as he took out his phone.

"WHAT NOOOO, I'm just curious." I sighed and plopped back onto my bed.

"Is it Jeongwoo?" Hyunsuk teased.

"No, never, he's just a friend." I blurted out.

"Are you sure." Hyunsuk teased again.

"100% sure he's not the one." I sighed.

"hmmm...okay, about love, you can't ask me that, I haven't even been in a relationship before." Hyunsuk sighed.

"Oh yea, you're single since birth." I sighed even more than before.

"you too." Hyunsuk laughed and we ended up talking about other things till we fell asleep.

MONDAY

"PARK JEONGWOO!" I screamed through the phone as I ran to the bus stop.

"WAIT FOR ME!" Jeongwoo shouted back and we met each other at the bus stop.

"We're late again." I hit Jeongwoo on the arm.

"It's not my fault."

"Says the one who woke up late AGAIN!" I side eyed him.

We got onto the bus and sat at our usual seats. The announcement said that it would be another 10 minutes till we arrive our stop.

"What do you think about love at first sight?" I asked Jeongwoo who was starring out the bus window.

"I guess it's real?" Jeongwoo answered shyly.

"oooh, you have a love at first sight, don't you?" I nudged Jeongwoo's arm.

"We're here." Jeongwoo pointed and stood up from his seat immediately.

He's trying to avoid my question again, I sighed. Every time it's about a crush or anything about love, Jeongwoo never answers....He's so SUS.

Author's note:

Jeongwoo~ who do you have a crush on sksksksksks