19 | D-DAY

D-DAY

Don't forget, today is the day! 

Jeongwoo texted our group chat.

I felt nervous as ever today, my palms started to get sweaty even in this cold morning. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time before I headed out from my bedroom. 

"Good luck Hyeonhee! I know you can do it!" Hyunsuk said as he escorted me out.

"I'll see you at the hall later on, you better look out for me in the crowd! I'll be there with Jeongwoo, Junkyu and Asahi too." Hyunsuk waved as I walked out.

I was greeted by a sweet smile, which was from Haruto. He was already waiting in front of my doorstep, we decided to head to the hall together, where the show would be held at. I held my chest lightly and my heartbeat was beating twice as fast, my heart was sending signals that today is going to a really really nervous day for me.

Mashiho asked us to be at the hall early since we had to get our outfits and make-up done. We had to go through a few parts of briefing too and the most important is another round of rehearsals. Yup I thought it was the last rehearsal the other day but nah we have another one coming up.

Once we reached the hall we were escorted by quite a number of staffs to the dressing rooms. Mine and Haruto's were different, so we cheered at each other one last time before we entered the rooms. 

Once I walked in, all the other female contestants were there too. Everyone was practicing their singing and rapping.  Again, I was amazed by their voices even though this was my second time hearing it. 

"Aren't you practicing too?" A contestant asked as she turned to face my direction.

I smiled and looked away since you already know, I can't really talk to strangers.

"Hyeonhee, you seem to be really shy today." Minyoung said as she started styling my outfit.

"I'm actually naturally like this...." I said as I looked down. 

"Not when you're with Haruto or Jeongwoo.." Minyoung let out a small laugh.

"CONTESTANTS PLEASE GET READY TO HEAD TO YOUR POSITIONS!" One of the staff announced as he walked through the hallway. 

I smiled to myself while looking at the mirror right before I headed out from the dressing room. I turned to my right and there stood a tall figure fixing his jacket. He turned his head to me and smiled as he came closer to my direction. 

"Here put this on." Haruto handed me a bracelet. 

I put it on quickly and walked through the long hallway with him. 

"Do you think I look a bit weird today?" I asked Haruto.

"You look extra beautiful today." He said as his stylist was fixing his hair. 

I looked through the gap between the curtains, the hall was filled with audiences from different ages and I even spotted Junkyu, Jeongwoo, Hyunsuk and to my surprise Asahi was there too. 

"Welcome to I Can See Your Voice 9, I am Park Jihoon." The hosts started the show with their introduction. 

"And I am Kim Doyoung. We are your handsome hosts for the day!" He said and I chuckled a little as they were a funny and flirty duo. 

"Is everyone excited for the guest today?" The host asked and the audience answered with enthusiasm. 

"Let's get our guest out now! Please reveal yourself Bang Yedam!" Everyone clapped as WAYO started playing in the background and Yedam's silhouette appeared as he started singing, I swear his voice is so angelic and soothing. 

"Contestants get ready, we'll be heading out in 5 minutes." A staff said as we lined up in our respective orders.

"If you get scared just hold onto my hand." Haruto said as we walked to the front.

"And now we present our 6 mystery singers." Jihoon said as the contestants from number 1-5 came out and posed with spotlights on them. 

"Mystery singer number 6, please come out." Doyoung said and it was our queue to strike a pose. 

Haruto and I striked a pose and I could feel my hands trembling while holding the microphone. 

Our fake identity was revealed on the big screen and I felt slightly embarrassed as our photoshoot is now displayed onto the big screen. Haruto slightly smirked as he looked at the photos. 

"They do seem like a real couple." One of the panelists said as they tried to investigate.

F.Y.I : In my version of the show, if the first identity is real, the person is tone-deaf. If the second identity is real, then the person is a good singer.

Our second identity was displayed and I read it. Haruto's identity was a trainee under a well- known company who is here to show he's skills and my identity was a girl who randomly got casted for the show because her voice captivated the ears of the listeners. To finish it up they wrote that both of us are strangers who just met up for the show. 

"I bet they're a couple, look how cute they are in the video." The panelist said. 

"But the second identity sounds real to me and I think I've seen the guy before?" Yedam said as he scanned us from top till bottom. 

"Contestants, you may seat." Doyoung said as the spotlight went off. 

"Here hold my hand, you seem to be trembling too much." Haruto held out his pinkie. 

"Excuse me, can I please get a small blanket?" Haruto asked the staff who passed by.

Is he cold? but then I should be the one who's freezing since I'm wearing a short dress. I looked over to the audience and Jeongwoo waved to our direction and I smiled widely back to him.

"Here, take this." Haruto said as he placed the blanket onto my thighs.

"oh, thank you." I smiled and put the blanket over my legs that were exposed, I felt a little uncomfortable with the outfit they picked for me. 

"Who do you think is the tone deaf singer?" Jihoon and Doyoung asked Yedam and the dramatic music at the background started playing.  

"I choose number 2." He said and the audience agreed with him. 

Contestant number 2 performed and it was exactly like what I had thought, Yedam really had good instincts, he picked a tone-deaf singer on his first try.

The next round started and we had to lip sync to our voice and the tone-deaf voices. 

"This is getting a bit confusing." Yedam said as contestant number 5 finished lip synching.

I and Haruto stood up and started to lip sync to our voices, the panelists and Yedam were stunned. 

"WOW he can rap really well and an extra point for the husky voice. Meanwhile, she has an amazing voice, if these are their real voices." Yedam said as he scanned the both of us from top till bottom.

"I don't think so, I saw the guy being extra loving to the girl just now, before the first round started, he asked the staff for a blanket for the girl." The panelist stated as they started smiling at us. 

"The guy could just be a gentleman." Yedam stated and the second round proceeded. 

"WHICH TWO CONTESTANTS ARE YOU GOING TO PICK???" Jihoon and Doyoung once again asked Yedam.

[ DRAMATIC NOISES AND ZOOM INS ]

"Who should I choose?" Yedam asked the audience.

"NUMBER 3&4!"

"2"

"NUMBER 1&4"

All types of combinations of numbers were called out but not ours. I held the blanket tightly as I looked towards Yedam that was ready to reveal his choice.

"I'll go with 2 & 4"

Author's note :

When will Haruto and Hyeonhee get picked? Everything lies on Yedam's instincts.