09 | event

ASAHI'S PRIVATE EVENT

"What an honour to be here." Haruto said as he walked into the venue. 

Well you're probably wondering what the event was for? We had no idea either since Asahi said he was going to announce something shocking today, even Hyunsuk, Asahi's best friend has no idea. What exactly is he going to announce today? Maybe it's something like a new album? A new song? He's debuting a new artist? I had so many conclusions in my mind but nothing really adds up.

When we went for lessons with him a few days ago, we were trying to get him to spill the beans about the event but he never did. He dodged all the questions like it was bullets.

"I wonder what is he going to announce?" Hyunsuk sighed as he looked at Asahi. 

"How come you don't know either?" I asked.

"He's a secretive person." Hyunsuk stated and we stared at Asahi from a distance. 

Asahi was greeting the guests and I once again started to think about the things that he would possibly announce today. Maybe something about the company? I can't think of anything else? Is it his birthday but that's just weird why would he have a birthday celebration and not tell anyone?

"The food here taste good." Jeongwoo smiled as he had two plates full of food. 

"YA-" I sighed and decided to let him be. 

"You should take some too, this is once in a lifetime!" Jeongwoo continued to fill up his plate. 

"I think he's got good news about his company." Haruto whispered. 

"That sounds like the most possible answer." I nodded.

The announcement by Asahi was going to start soon. The lights in the venue started to dim and there was a spotlight on Asahi who was standing in the middle of the stage. We continued to stare at him from the back of the venue where we could get access to the food. 

"Darn this is some really good food." I said as I munched on one of the pastries.

"I told you." Jeongwoo laughed. 

"He's going to start, shush." Haruto eyed us. 

"Thank you for letting me take your time and attending my event today." 

"I have some shocking news to announce to everyone today." 

"What's so shocking?" Hyunsuk said as he anticipated. 

"I wanted to announce to everyone here including all the staff from my company that I AM GETTING MARRIED NEXT WEEK." Asahi said as he dropped his mic, mic drop guys lmao. 

"He's what?" Hyunsuk was shocked out of his body.

"M-married?" I answered and couldn't believe what I heard either.

"and the other day I asked if he had a girlfriend, damn I sound like a total idiot." Hyunsuk sighed as he held onto his hair.

"Bruh that was quite shocking-" Jeongwoo sipped on his grape juice.

"I thought it would be something else." Haruto said as he grabbed a cup of grape juice. 

Asahi walked of the stage and everyone in the venue had the same expression as us, shocked. Asahi made his way to us and he smiled proudly.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Hyunsuk held onto Asahi's shoulder.

"because I wanted to announce it here? Shocking isn't it?" Asahi smiled.

"I might actually faint." My brother was being the most dramatic ever.

"Congratulations and I would love to meet your wife anytime soon." Haruto shook hands with Asahi. 

"That would be another shocking news." Asahi smiled.

"What does he mean." I sighed and dragged Hyunsuk out from the venue.

"My life is a lie." Hyunsuk looked like his soul left his body.

"I think it's time for me to head home." I laughed awkwardly as I waved to Haruto and Jeongwoo.

"Have a safe trip home." Jeongwoo waved. 

"bye." Haruto said. 

Jeongwoo's POV

"Congratulations" I shook Asahi's hand and so did Haruto. 

Hyeonhee had to head home since Hyunsuk looked like he couldn't walk nor even talk properly after the sudden news. His soul really left his body.

"Ya- Ruto want to head to the convenience store?" I nudged his shoulder as we headed out from the venue.

"Let's get snacks." Haruto said and we headed off to the convenience store.

Author's note :

Here's a short chapter lmao, also Asahi is getting married yall HAHHAHAH