17 | he knows

I tried pretending that I was sick so that I could skip school today but I guess Hyunsuk already knew most of my tactics.

"Wake up Hyeonhee, you're going to be late." Hyunsuk pulled my blanket and switched off the fan.

Damn it now I really have to get out of bed. I sighed and got ready. Hyunsuk is even worse than my mom.

I messaged Jeongwoo and Haruto since they wanted to be my bodyguards. Those anonymous posts suddenly started to appear in my mind once again and I felt anxious to step foot into school.

I gulped slowly and walked in, I didn't glance at anyone and walked while looking at the floor so that I wouldn't get involved with anyone.

"STOP." I heard a voice in front of me.

I tried to avoid the person in front of me but it looks like I couldn't.

"Nuna, why are you not looking up while walking? It's dangerous." 

I looked up and I was thankful that it was Junghwan.

I let out a sigh of relief and smiled at him.

"I'm sorry." I continued walking to my classroom, as usual there was many students in front of the classroom. I wanted to barge through them but I couldn't, those anonymous posts, anyone could be the one that posted those. 

I sighed and waited by the hallway. I kept peeking, I waited until the crowd started to lessen bit by bit but I still couldn't take a step forward.

"Let's go." Jeongwoo held onto my wrist and we walked into the classroom. 

"Bodyguard 2, why did you not do your work?" Jeongwoo banged the table lightly as he starred angrily at Haruto.

"I didn't see her, so I didn't know." Haruto answered.

"Isn't it obvious by this time, if Hyeonhee is not here it's weird." Jeongwoo said.

I guess Jeongwoo really took the bodyguard thing seriously but I'm thankful to him since I got pass through that huge wave of people.

"From this day onwards, I do not want to see anymore students standing in front of the classroom." Mr. Yoshi said as he closed the doors.

"It's such a headache." 

RECESS 

"Are you coming down with us?" Haruto questioned.

"You guys can head out first, I forgot something." Jeongwoo said as he entered the class again.

I walked down the staircase with Haruto. I could feel the stares from some students that were passing by us.

"What do you want to eat? I'll get it for you." Haruto questioned.

"Anything." I answered without looking at him.

"Ooh, I have something to ask, you know those hair clips, where did you-"

"The bread looks delicious, I'll get this." Haruto cut off my sentence.

"about those hair clips-" I asked again but got cut off again.

"I'll get strawberry milk and you'll get banana milk." Haruto handed it to me as he paid for it. 

I decided not to ask him since he was distracted and I shouldn't waste the recess time.

"Where's Jeongwoo?" Haruto scratched his head as we didn't get a sight of him.

"Here!" Jeongwoo popped up beside us with his lunch.

"That was fast." Haruto chuckled as we headed back to our classroom.

I reached into my pocket for my phone but then I realised that it was not there. Did I leave it in class? THAT'S BAD, SOMEONE MIGHT GET HOLD OF IT. I hope it's not on the table or I'm dead.

I rushed to my seat and looked under my desk. Luckily my phone was under my stack of books. I felt relieved.

JEONGWOO'S POV

I forgot my wallet that was under my desk.

"You guys can head out first, I forgot something." I searched under my desk and found my wallet.

I looked over to Hyeonhee's desk and I guess she forgot her phone, so I picked it up and her screen was still lit up.

I looked at it and saw some awful posts. I scrolled to the top and it was our school's blog that most students don't really use now. I read a few posts.

'WHAT THE FXXK, DOES SHE THINK SHE'S SPECIAL?"

"H AND J MUST BE SICK OF HER BUT THEY'RE PRETENDING TO LIKE HER'

"WHAT AN ATTENTION SEEKER"

"CHOI HYXXXEE YOU BXXCH"

"DID YOU SEE HER EARLIER SHE TRIED SO HARD TO LOOK INNOCENT"

"I BET J JUST DID THAT FOR PITY PFFT"

I gritted my teeth as I read those posts. I closed her phone and put it under her desk so that no one would take her phone.

I didn't want to invade her privacy but I think I have to.

BACK TO HYEONHEE'S POV 

I took my phone from under the desk and unlocked it, luckily it was still on the same place where I left it. That would have been bad if someone got hold of it.

"Let's eat." Jeongwoo said as he gestured me to put down my phone.

TIME TO HEAD HOME

"I'm walking her back today." Jeongwoo stood beside me.

"Why do you have to decide?" Haruto glared.

"Fine. Hyeonhee, don't forget that we have rehearsals next week on Tuesday." Haruto reminded as he walked the opposite way.

"Jeongwoo, do you like being my friend?" I asked softly.

"What type of question is that? Of course I love being your friend." Jeongwoo answered with a cheerful smile.

"right?" I smiled as we walked down the alley to the convenience store.

"I guess this is where I say goodbye to you." Jeongwoo stood outside the store as he waited for me to head in.

"Hyeonhee, don't forget if you have something you want to tell me, just spill it. I'm always here to listen to you." Jeongwoo smiled.

How did he know I was going through a hard time? Is it showing? I sighed as I headed to the counter.

"Why the sad face?" Junkyu questioned as he snacked on a bag of chips.

"Nothing, just that I have some things going on in my mind right now."

"Hmmm forget about that, the real question here is who was your date?" 

"My date?" Junkyu chuckled and took his phone out.

"Here." He showed me a picture.

"Her name is Shin Minyoung." Junkyu boasted.

"SHIN MINYOUNG????? SHE'S MY MAKE UP ARTIST" I gasped, what a small world.

"REALLY?" 

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

JUNKYU'S GF [REVEALED]

ALSO WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO HYEONHEE?