06 | the new student

Another day at school, but today it's special because we have a Taekwondo match going on in our school and our best athlete, So Junghwan is going to represent our school. We won last year so our school is going to host the match this year.

"I'm so nervous for Junghwan." I wiped my sweaty hands on my skirt.

"Give me your hand." Jeongwoo held his hand out. I ignored him and continued to walk.

Jeongwoo grabbed my hand and wiped it with a tissue. I starred at him and felt a bit flustered. He's never done that for me.

"What are you starring at?" Jaehyuk said as he appeared beside me.

"Nothing." I smiled and pulled my hand away from Jeongwoo.

"Faster, we'll be late for the match." Jaehyuk put his arm over Jeongwoo.

We rushed to the gymnasium and took our seats, we sat at the front row so that we could get a better view of the match. I looked around and there were a few students from other schools too, they came as support for their own school.

"GO SO JUNGHWAN!" One of our juniors shouted from her seat and Junghwan noticed it.

The match was going to start and Junghwan stood in his position waiting for his opponent to enter. My heart started beating faster than before as I starred at the fierce match, Junghwan always had a very spectacular performance and I would really be stunned every time I watched his matches.

I started to shake bit by bit as the match was coming to an end, everyone was anticipating on who would be crowned the winner of the match this year. We waited for a while till they finally announced the winner.

"AND THE WINNER IS SO JUNGHWAN FROM BOSEOK HIGH!" The male teacher announced and we stood up from our seats in joy. I was really happy that I squealed in joy.

"SO JUNGHWAN WONNNNN!!!" I squealed and hugged Jeongwoo who was standing beside me.

"WAAAAHHHH!!" Jeongwoo shouted in joy too as he hugged me too.

"Let's go and take a picture with him." Jaehyuk said as he tapped on our shoulders.

We let go of each other and just realised that we hugged each other in public, that's embarrassing. I mean we were always clingy with each other since we were kids. It didn't feel that awkward last time but somehow now it does.

We headed straight to Junghwan who was crowded with students that wanted to take pictures with him too since he's famous now.

"Junghwan, you did great!" Jeongwoo blurted out as he hit Junghwan's shoulder playfully.

I showed a thumbs up and smiled at him.

"Let's take a picture." Jaehyuk said as he took out his phone.

"Hyeonhee and Junghwan, can you guys inch a bit closer." Jaehyuk instructed as he was going to take the picture.

"Why can't I be in the picture with them?" Jeongwoo kept asking Jaehyuk.

"No reason, we'll all take a picture like this too with him." Jaehyuk sighed.

I inched closer to Junghwan and I felt a bit uncomfortable? Because I haven't actually talked to him before, I only supported him because he represents our school and since he's my junior and also because he's friends with Jeongwoo.

"Don't be so awkward! 3,2,1!" Jaehyuk pressed the capture button. Junghwan quickly put his arm over my shoulder and handed me his medal for me to hold.

JEONGWOO POV

I only got to witness Hyeonhee and Junghwan taking pictures together, I got envious, I wanted to join in the pictures too but Jaehyuk wouldn't let me. I starred at them and Hyeonhee obviously looked awkward.

"Don't be so awkward! 3,2,1!" Jaehyuk said as he took the picture.

I witnessed Junghwan put his arm over Hyeonhee. I suddenly felt an urge of protecting Hyeonhee from Junghwan, why? Why am I suddenly feeling this, I never cared when Hyeonhee got asked questions from other guys last time and she had to answer anyways because she's a bit shy and awkward.

I looked away when they were taking pictures, I didn't want to feel that anymore, it's annoying. I sighed and looked far away.

BACK TO HYEONHEE'S POV

After we took the pictures, I thought it was over but we took even more pictures and I was exhausted of taking too many. Jeongwoo didn't seem energetic anymore, he looked like his battery drained.

"Jeongwoo, let's head back to class." I pulled him over. Jeongwoo nodded in agreement.

"Jaehyuk, you can continue talking to Junghwan, we're heading back to class first." Jeongwoo said as we escaped from them.

We bought some snacks before we headed back. We talked all the way back to class about how long it was to take pictures with Junghwan and Jaehyuk. It literally took ages.

"I heard there's a new student and he's handsome." I heard the students whispering as we passed by them.

"There's a new student?" I asked Jeongwoo.

"Is this a joke?" Jeongwoo laughed.

"I heard they said we have a new student, do you think he's in our class?" I questioned as I sipped on my banana milk.

"We don't need a new classmate, our class can barely fit our classmates." Jeongwoo chuckled.

We reached the hallway of our class and weirdly there was many students that kept passing by and fangirling as if there was a kpop idol in our school. I was curious so I starred at the classes that we passed by before our class which was at the end of the hallway.

"What are you looking for?" Jeongwoo looked too.

"The new student." I sighed since I didn't spot anyone.

"Why is there so many people in front of our class?" Jeongwoo asked and we rushed to our class.

We pushed through the crowd and we stood there frozen in front of the entrance of our classroom because we couldn't believe our eyes.

"WATANABE HARUTO?!" We said in unison as we dropped our banana milk onto the floor.

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

Jeongwoo listen ' Junghwan is harmlesssssss...... '

WHat is WatAnAbe hArutO doing here????