Chapter 12 - Better?

Z's pov

I happily sipped on my frappe as I sat in the passenger seat of Gemini's truck.

We decided to go to the mall and after a couple of hours were finally leaving to go get dinner.

"Feeling better?"

"Yeah. Thanks Gemini."

He smiles, "No problem. Now where are we going for dinner?"

"Oohh, can we get ramen and sushi?"

"Sure, never had sushi before just put the place into the GPS."

As we ride over I get the aux cord and blast music starting with Michael Jackson and ending with Teyana Taylor.

"You have some good music taste."

"Thanks. You should play something on the way back."

(Inside the restaurant) 

"What are you thinking about getting?"

I smile," The chef's platter."

"That's a lot of food, sure you can handle it?"

I smirk," I can handle anything."

He arches his brow," Okay. Now when your begging me to carry you to the car I don't want to hear it."

"I don't beg."

He smirks to himself behind the menu.

The waiter approaches, " Watashi ni nani ga dekiru?"

(What can I get you?)

"Shefu no moriawase to Watashi no tame ni  Soshite Jigoku Kare no tame ni"

(the chef's platter for me and spicy ramen for him)

She bows and walks away,

"So Gemini, tell me about yourself?"

"Not much to know about me. I'm 23. As you know I'm apart of the mafia. Single. I love piercings as you could probably tell" he chuckles, " and um-  I'm just tryna settle down."

"You wanna get married at 23?"

"Hell no. I mean get out of the mafia life. It's tiring. I mean you should know you've been out here for a while."

"I didn't get into the yakuza in till I was 13. At this point it just feels like a regular job plus their the only "family" I have."

"Damn! 13. Wait? How old are you know?"

"You know it's rude to ask a lady her age." she smirks," But luckily I'm genderfluid. I'm 19."

He stares at me in shock,

"What? Embarrassed you got your ass whooped by a 19 year old."

"No. I just thought you were older. Your so mature."

The waitress lays their food on the table says enjoy and then disappears again,

"Your young you shouldn't be wrapped up in all this mess." he says picking up his chopsticks,

"I know. But I'm going to get out of this one day. You should too."

"How? Once your in it's like you signed your life away." He says eating some ramen after

" I don't know. But my boss is nice, treats me like family he might let me go."

"I might have too kill mine."

My eyes widen in shock. He said that like its a easy task.

"You'll get yourself killed."

He smiles," Aww do you care about me?"