Chapter 14- The nerve

Updating the cover btw

I walk threw the store blasting Monster by Irene and seulgi in my headphones.

"I should have went to the asian market."

(She disappointed at the choices of ramen.)

She walks over to frozen treats, "Bitch! They got mochi ice cream!"

She throws three boxes into the cart and heads to checkout.

*ring ring ring*

"Hello."

"Hey Z."

"Oh, hey gemini." I say swiping my card.

"Whatcha doing?"

"Just getting groceries."

"Wanna go to the movies?"

"To go see what?" I say walking to my car.

"I don't know if you like anime but the new demon slayer movie just came out."

"Yeah I love demon slayer its one of my favorites."

He chuckles, "Alright. When should I pick you up?"

Suddenly I feel something against my back, " Hang up."

"Gemini, I have to go."

"What? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just wont be able to make it to that movie."

"Z if your in trouble I want you to say yeah."

He nudges the gun into my back," Yeah, I'll see you soon."

"Shit." Was the last thing I heard as a sent my location and hung up the phone.

"What do you want?"

I feel a prick,"You."

Gemini pov

"Shit!"

I grab my keys and run out the house.

"Shit! This women is always in some trouble."

I hop in the car," Where's the number?"

Jericho: Hello?

Me: She's gone! Someone took her!

Jericho: Calm down, kid. Took who?

Me: Marzanna! We were on the phone and she didn't sound right. I asked her if she was in trouble and she said yeah and hung up.

*ding*

Me: She just sent me her location.

Jericho: Alright. Tell me what you find then come by the warehouse. I'll be ready.

Me: Alright.

I pulled up into the parking garage of a grocery store. It takes me a while but I eventually find her truck.

I look at the scene, "Open trunk. A cart but no groceries to be seen and her phone shattered to pieces. There's nothing here leading to anybody."

I call a tow truck and tell them to take the truck back to Z's apartment.

*drives to warehouse*

"What did you find?"

"Nothing but her truck and a broken phone. Who would do this?"

"We have many enemies but there's only 2 gangs I know that's this fucking stupid."

I sigh, "Why would they do this?"

"Z's been with me since she was 13. In that time she's helped me cause alot of hell for alot of people. She's actually the main reason I'm on top in this city."

"She was a kid. Why would you have her out here like that?"

"Don't get me wrong I care about Marzanna. But she had to earn her place like anyone else."

"But at 13."

"I tried to keep her away as long as possible. But the girl wanted to train, she wanted revenge."

"Revenge? On who?"

He grabs a gun," Her old Mafia."

I grab a shotgun and pistol of the table.

"What are you doing?"

"Im coming with you."

"Says who?"

"Says me. I care about Z too."

He sighs,"Look kid. Falling in love with that girl will leave with nothing but heartache."

"Who said "i love her" I just want to get her back."

"I've seen the way she looks at you; and no not all lovely dovey and puppy eyed. She looks at you like your something. Like you could be her something."

"She's just getting to know me,I doubt that."

"I've had that look before the person I did it to is now my wife. But with Marzanna I don't know. I don't think she knows how to love or what it is? So Im telling you in advance stop falling for her; because you'll be met with nothing but the cold, hard ground."

"Maybe she just doesn't love you."

He stops," You think Im jealous."

"I think since she doesn't have love for you; you just wrote it off as "she can't love."

"Look! Every time that girl cares about something it either: breaks, leaves or dies. Don't get attached."

"Why should I listen to you?"

"Because Im speaking from the heart."

I sigh irritated," Enough of this. Its time to go find her."

"Alright but don't come running back to me when she breaks your heart."

"Im a grown ass man I wont be running back to cry on your shoulder. If the girl doesn't like me then that's, that. Now let's go."