Chapter 2

Be the best you've ever tasted
Gon' stay on your mind, come back every time
Baby I'ma keep you cravin'

Be the best you've ever tastedGon' stay on your mind, come back every timeBaby I'ma keep you cravin'

"Me too, Harry. I care about you more than you know. It scares me. But we run on Einstein time, baby." Grayson says, her words nearly knocking the breath out of me. There is so much conviction and emotion in her tone of voice, it sends a chill throughout my entire body, right down to my bones.

I blink down at her, as I take in the weight of her words and the way she said them. I wonder how much she really does care about me and to what extent. I've been dreaming of hearing her say that to me for nearly a year now. So the fact that I'm with her is still hard for me to fully process.

The truth is that I care about her more than she knows too. Way more than she knows. I'm fucking in love with her and that's terrifying for me.

But there's an odd comfort in the fact that I know that she's scared about these feelings too and how quickly they're developing.

"Fuck, I'm so crazy about you." I rush out the words in one breath before pulling her in by my hold on her cheeks to crash my lips back into hers once again. It's the only way I can truly show her all the emotions I'm feeling without flat out telling her that I'm head over heels in love with her.

From all of the shit that happened at the wedding with Lindsey, to me losing my cool and slamming Eddie against the wall just now, I feel completely and utterly spent. My emotions are at an all time high and it feels like I have no control over them right now.

But my hold on Grayson, and the way that our lips are firmly pressed together, is tethering me to reality.

Her hands come up to firmly grab hold of the lapels of my suit jacket that I'm still wearing, tugging on them to pull me impossibly closer to her. Wanting nothing more than to feel as close to her as possible, my hands fall from where they're holding her cheeks to now firmly grab her waist to pull her so that her body is flush against mine.

Our lips move together with such urgency and hunger, it has my head spinning.

I slip my tongue into her mouth, slowly rolling it against her tongue to temporarily slow things down and try to tease her a little bit.

But Grayson doesn't seem to be having it, though. She seems so caught up in the quick change in atmosphere, what was once soft and gentle is now hot and heavy. Maybe her emotions are at an all time high too.

Suddenly Grayson pulls harder on her hold of the lapels of my suit jacket, trying to pull me even closer, seemingly frustrated by our vast height difference. Needing some stability from the harsh and abrupt downpull, I start to blindly walk us until I feel my back hit a wall. The moment I hear the thud of me making contact with the wall, I am quick to flip us around so that Grayson is the one against the wall now.

When her back hits the wall, her mouth pulls away from mine slightly to take a breath. Just as quickly as she pulls away, she dives back in. But this time she grabs onto my bottom lip with her teeth, slowly pulling it back until it slips her grip and snaps back into place.