Chapter 10

Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard

Nobody said it was easyNo one ever said it would be this hard

Today is a good day.

Grayson and I spent last night in the comforts of my flat. Don't get me wrong, I love her flat. But being at mine gives me just an added level of comfort.

We made dinner. Well, I made dinner and she tried to help.

Then we played smash. More like, Grayson and her competitive nature had us playing smash for two hours straight until she finally beat me in a game.

I let her win. I won't ever tell her that, though. She was so proud of herself and happy that she finally beat me. She has been practicing the game so much just with the intention to get better than me. But I started to get tired and I knew that she would keep wanting to play until she beat me, so I let her win.

I was smart about it and didn't make it too obvious. She didn't pick up on my poor playing, I know that for sure. Because after she won, the whole time we spent getting ready for bed, she also spent bragging about her victory.

I didn't mind it. I thought it was quite adorable to see someone as small as she is get so hyped up. Her excitement and giddiness after her win eerily resembled a squirrel jumping from branch to branch in a tree.

I woke up before her today and felt like doing something nice for her, so I made her breakfast in bed. But Grayson called it 'breakfast in closet' because my bed is in my closet.

After practically dragging her out of bed, since she hates getting up early, we both got dressed for work and caught the metro from Jersey City to Manhattan.

Like always when we spend the nights at my flat, Grayson spent the entire thirty minute train ride using my shoulder as a pillow while she slept. And, like always, while she was doing that and the butterflies were fluttering like crazy in my stomach from the innocent act, I sat as still as possible while reading a book.

The beginning of the work days have felt long since coming back from our trip to The Hamptons. I think that's because I spend so much time checking the clock and counting down the seconds until I get to see my girl again and eat lunch with her.

A few weeks ago she complimented me on my lunchbox that I bring with me everyday. She said that she likes the character of it all from the stickers that I have decorated it with.

That one compliment was all the convincing it took from me to order her a lunchbox like mine and a shit ton of stickers to decorate it with for her. I got everything from Snoop Dogg stickers to flowers, anything that reminded me of Grayson. Once everything arrived I spent an hour of my work day trying to arrange the stickers perfectly on the tin exterior of the square box so it would be perfect for her.

She has been using it every day since I surprised her with it at lunch after I finished decorating it.

My insecurities tend to tell me that she is using it because she feels obligated to and doesn't want to hurt my feelings. But I have come to the point where I basically slap some sense back into me, telling myself that Grayson has never given me a reason to doubt her. Not only is it the way that she is never afraid to speak her mind, but it's also how she has been nothing but accepting and reassuring since we started our relationship.