Chapter 12

Happy birthday to youHappy birthday to youHappy birthday

Happy birthday

I'm still mentally whacking myself over the head for being an absolute moron five days ago when I tried to push Grayson out of my life

Today is her birthday, though.

I planned a whole party for her today with all of her favorite people. Audrey and Davis are driving into town for it, Alayna is coming over with Chris, and Janet and Brandon are coming too. It's kinda gonna be like a quadruple date, I guess.

Overall it should be a simple party. I got a few balloons and a cake that is sitting on her kitchen island.

This morning I woke her up with breakfast in bed and, obviously, a bouquet of flowers.

It's her day and I'm still trying to make up for putting her through the ringer from my freakout. So I've been gladly doing anything and everything that she has requested today. Though, I know that I would do that anyway. I'm so in love with her, it's disgusting. I've turned into a huge sap.

I still can't believe that she loves me.

Well, I can believe that she does...she has showed me that without a doubt that she does in fact love me. But the whole concept of her loving me is straight out of my dreams. So I guess that saying I can't believe that I'm living in a reality where she loves me is probably more fitting with how I'm feeling.

Whatever, it doesn't really matter. She loves me and I love her. And I have never been happier.

Everyone is set to come over soon. But before they do, I want to give Grayson one of the presents that I got her so that we don't have an audience.

We haven't told anyone about the recent love development in our relationship, and I don't want a crowd of people trying to watch me give Grayson something more heartfelt. So I got her my real present and a present to give her when she opens everyone else's presents.

"Gray, stop trying to guess what it is and just open the bloody present." I quip and jokingly roll my eyes. I'm so nervous to give her this gift. It's nothing big and I just want her to like it. I can't really return it.