Chapter 6

Vogue, vogue
Vogue, vogue

This past week has been great

I was nervous that the bubble Grayson and I were living in during our trip would burst the moment that we got back to our lives in the city. But it hasn't.

Every night after work we tried to go back to our own flats to sleep. But to no avail one of us always ended up at the other's flat.

It seems like we just can't sleep without each other.

I'm okay with that, though.

Holding Grayson in my arms, her head resting on my chest, and our legs tangled together is the best way to fall asleep.

We also have eaten lunch together everyday this week with Brandon and Janet, which is a fun thing to look forward to. Knowing that I get to see Grayson in the middle of the work day really gives me fuel to get through the morning. Well, that and coffee.

The first day we got back to work, I was apprehensive about her eating with us. I would be naïve to think that once word gets around that Grayson and I are dating that there are people who will have negative things to say. I guess that's why I was apprehensive.

But it's been a full week of us eating lunch together in the lunchroom where most of the employees eat. We sit next to each other and we share some gentle touches every now and then, like when I rest my hand on her thigh or she pushes my hair out of my face for me when some of it falls onto my forehead since she knows it bugs me when my hair does that. I don't think we have been obvious enough for people to notice, though.

Then again, that might be me being a bit naïve, no matter how much I say that I won't be naïve about our situation.

I'm dating my boss and the CEO of the company that I work for. People are bound to find out eventually and have an opinion. I don't know if I'm mentally ready to know those opinions yet.

If people aren't already suspecting the fact that something is going on between Grayson and I already, by seeing us at lunch, then the fact that we both took off work today will probably make more people question.

We are both high up in Saxton Technologies so it's not like we are some low profile employees that people don't notice when they take a day off work. And that makes me wonder what people thought when we were both gone for two and a half weeks.

Oh God. Everyone has probably already been asking around about Grayson and I.

Fuck. That's overwhelming. I don't like the idea of people talking about me behind my back.

I'm trying not to let my anxiety and overthinking tendencies get the best of me today, though.

Today is Grayson's big photoshoot for when she appears on the cover of Vogue.