Chapter 13

Why you standing there, man?
You can't touch this

"Grayson," Janet calls out and peeks her head in through the door to my office

"Grayson," Janet calls out and peeks her head in through the door to my office. "Some lady is on hold on line three. Says that she doesn't have a meeting with you but wants to talk to you about some business offer."

I put a pause to the email I had just been writing and roll my chair over to the other side of my desk where my office phone sits. "Thanks, Janet!" I smile and pick the phone up, that being her cue to leave.

I hold the phone up to my ear and press the button on the receiver that connects me to line three. "Hi, Grayson Saxton speaking." I say cheerily into the phone, my one hand mindlessly playing with the curly cord that attaches the phone to the receiver.

"Grayson, how are you?" The tone of voice sounds dull and off putting, which makes me confused.

"I'm good..." I trail off, sitting up straighter in my desk chair. "My assistant told me that you wanted to talk to me about a business offer. May I ask whom it is that is calling and what your company is?"

"I do have a business offer for you." The person on the other end says, not answering my questions.

I can't put my finger on it, but something about their voice sounds familiar. Not too familiar where it's someone that I see often. But familiar enough that leads me to believe that it's someone that I've had a conversation with before.

Maybe I've met them in a meeting or at a conference in the past. Being a CEO of such a major company in a city as big as New York, I tend to meet a large amount of people. It's hard to keep track. Hell, I forgot Harry is a department head the other day.

Either I meet to many people or my memory is shit. Or both.

"Okay. Can you tell me your name and company for my records?" This is weird.

"Oh, honey. You know my name already." The female taunts me in a condescending tone. "Or do you not recognize me? Too busy cradling Harry's pathetic ass after his freakout from seeing me at the wedding for you to remember my voice?"

Ever so full of yourself to assume that I would be spending so much of my precious time thinking about you, Lindsey.

"Harry's not pathetic." I bite back. "What are you even calling me for?" I'm not about to put up with whatever bullshit she is trying to play here. I don't give a flying fuck what she has to say. She's nothing to me for all that I'm concerned.

She hurt my Harry. She doesn't deserve my time.

"Like I said, I have a business offer for you."

"Cut the crap, Lindsey. I'm not someone you want to toy around with." I retort, losing my patience.

"I want Harry back. Break up with him and convince him that it would be better for him to come back to me. Simple as that."