Chapter 11

Stop, tell me the truth
Cause I'm so confused
Spinning 'round, these walls are falling down and I need you
More than you know
I'm not letting go
I'm getting close, so take my hand
And please just tell me why

Stop, tell me the truthCause I'm so confusedSpinning 'round, these walls are falling down and I need youMore than you knowI'm not letting goI'm getting close, so take my handAnd please just tell me why

Confused, surprised, hurt, a bit angry, and a multitude of other emotions are overwhelming me right now.

I just don't get it.

I'm confused over the email that I got from Harry, for starters.

I was in a meeting, and when I got back to my office and checked my email, I saw one from him in my inbox.

It already struck me as weird because of the fact that he chose to email me instead of text me. That confusion only grew when I read the email.

I don't get why he would send me his resignation

I don't get why he would send me his resignation. And, he didn't even give a two weeks notice on top of it all...it's effective immediately.

The second I read the email I rushed down to his office only to see it completely empty. There was no fact-of-the-day calendar, no lab coat draped over the back of the desk chair, no picture of us from the beach at The Hamptons taped to the corner of one of his computer monitors, nothing that made the office his.

All there was in the room was the standard setup that the offices here come with and a brown cardboard box on his lab bench with his microprocessor project in it that he is supposed to go pitch to Tesla in the upcoming month.

It's like he vanished into thin air.

From the email to the empty office, it left me surprised.

Everything was so good. We were doing amazing. He was doing amazing.

I've been so happy recently and so proud of him, how I've watched his confidence and love for himself grow.

We even had a great lunch today. We took a long lunch and the metro to Central Park. We laid on the top of a grassy hill and watched the clouds, debating on what we thought the different white fluffy blobs of the cumulonimbus clouds looked like while we ate our lunches out of our sticker covered lunch boxes.