Chapter 09

Another week after

Another week after

GAVIN POV

It's been two weeks ever since Dane came home with me, but I don't know, but there is a part of me that is still missing him. He may be here physically, but in reality, I don't feel him anymore. I've been trying my best to make him feel comfortable and be okay with me, but why do I feel like he keeps drifting away from me!

I don't understand why but I feel like he is still so distant from me. I keep trying my best to pull him closer to me, but I feel like every single day, he is trying his best to do the opposite and be away from me.

We never had a proper talk just like before. He will always nod or say Yes and No to me-nothing more, nothing less. I missed him so badly.

I'm currently in our bed, he may be sleeping with me in the same bed, but I have never been able to touch or feel him again! He never lets me, and every time I try to touch him again, he will flinch like I was some random guy who suddenly approaches him.

He will always say that he is sorry and he is not yet ready! I can understand him, but I feel so sad and devastated about it. I want my husband back! I want us to go back to how we were before, but how can we ever go back to what we used to be if he will keep on being like this to me.

I missed him so d*mn much! I feel so lost without him, but what can I do! I can't force myself into him because I'm afraid that it will only push him away from me! I can't let that happen.

"Love? When are you coming back to me? I miss you so much already! Please come back to me! You said you would never leave me, right? Look what is happening to us right now! This is not us, Love! I love you so much, and I'm willing to wait for you. I just really missed you so much already!" I silently said to him while looking at his sleeping face here by my side.

I slowly removed the pillow in the middle of our bed, separating us. Dane can't sleep without it. He may not say it directly, but I know he was afraid that I might do something to him; that is why is he is doing this.

I slowly caress my husband's face. I can only freely do this whenever he is asleep because if he is awake, I'm sure he will only distance himself from me again.

"You're still my beautiful and loveable spouse, Dane! My love for you will never change even though you have already forgotten about me, but I know my heart is enough to remember for the both of us! Please don't give up on me! I know how much you are hurting and suffering because, for you! You are living in someplace you are not familiar with. I can always hear you talk to your mom about wanting to return to them and leave me because you still don't remember me. But I'm begging you! Is this my karma for starting this relationship of us with a bet! If it is, I'm sorry! I didn't know that I would love you more than anything in this world. I thought at first that you are just like the other! Someone easy to let go! I didn't know you would be different! You change me! You change everything, I think! I do! Everything I do is all about you now! I change my lifestyle to prove to myself that I deserve you! I did my very best to forget the past and be with you! Everything about me beats and lives for you now! Please, baby! Please love! Please don't leave me! I'm useless without you! I need you! I need you still! Please stay with me! Please!" I can't help but cry a little while talking to my sleeping husband, I want to hold him right now, but I know I can't. Not right now! I don't want to spook him! It takes time, but I know he will come to me! My husband will come back to me then we can finally start our lives together again! I love you so much, baby! I can and will always be here waiting for you!