Chapter 21

AUTHOR POV

AUTHOR POV

A few moments before the unexpected event in the parking lot. Gavin and Dane are currently walking at the meat section of the grocery store

"Babe, do you think Mom would love it if I cook different dishes tomorrow? I've searched some other ideas online and found some interesting dish that is very easy to cook but still delicious! It's called Adobong Chicken. I only need chicken and potatoes as the main ingredient. I would love to try to cook it for our visit with them tomorrow!" Dane smilingly said to his husband.

They are going to visit the home of Gavin's parents. It's been a while ever since they saw that house. The last time they did, it was before the wedding. Dane is starting to feel guilty because he's been with his parents for a while now and had forgotten about his 2nd family. Gavin's parents may not say it, but he knows they miss them so much.

They have been very understanding with Dane and Gavin's situation that they aren't demanding anything at all. They want the best for the couple, and they make sure to let them know that they are always ready to support both Gavin and Dane.

"Of course, Love! Anything you want! I'm sure mom and dad will love whatever it is that you will cook for them! You know how much those two love you. Sometimes I feel like I'm the son-in-law in the family whenever you are with them, especially Mom! Do you know that your solo picture with mom and dad is the one that is displayed on their side table and not me? Weird, right?" Gavin said. It sounded like he was sulking a little. Dane can't help but chuckle a little

"Hahahaha, really love?" Dane was shocked about what his dear husband said to him about his parent

"Yes! Don't you believe me? Tomorrow, when he arrives at mom and dad's house, go straight to their master's bedroom, and you will see!" Gavin said, then he looked away.

He sounded like he was a little annoyed that his parent loved Dane more. He even looked away and pretended that he was checking the meat, which Dane fully knew Gavin was never interested in this stuff. He never knew anything about buying groceries, more like meats. He only knows how to eat it.

Dane instantly stopped walking, which made for Gavin to stop walking too. Dane looks at his husband amusingly. Gavin looked back and saw the expression on Dane's face, which made him confused. He even put his arms beside his waist, making Dane laugh a little.

"My husband is so cute!" Dane said to himself. He's trying so hard not to laugh out loud in front of Gavin because he doesn't want to offend him or something.

"Dane? Why did you stop?" Gavin confusedly asked him.

"So I am only Dane now?" Dane asked his husband; he pretended that he was disappointed, which slightly alerted the man. Gavin immediately walked near Dane and tried to hold him, which Dane didn't protest.

"Oh! No! of course not, Love! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to call you just by your name!" Gavin smilingly said to his husband. Dane didn't answer him for a while and just looked at him like he was scanning him. Gavin was baffled about why his husband was suddenly looking at him like this.