Chapter 22

AUTHOR POV

AUTHOR POV

"You shouldn't be feeling this way, Love! I know how much your mom and dad love you and how they have always been proud of you! You are their only child! They love you so much! More than anything or anyone in this world. You will always be their greatest joy. Do you know that before we got married or even before we became a couple, every single time I visited your house, your mom would always tell me stories about you, and all of them are good memories? As in all of them! For you, it might be your most embarrassing or annoying moment, but for them, it isn't. Do you have any idea about the things that your mom told me about your childhood?" Dane is wearing his cheerful, happy face, asked Gavin.

"What?" Gavin shyly answered

"There are so many stories that your mom shared with me about you, but the most memorable thing that your mom told me is that when you were in your child, there was a time that your mom would accompany you in the park to play with some other children in your neighborhood. I don't know if you can still remember this. You were playing your ball with some friend when you saw a group of children teasing another child because he had some scars on his face. She told me that child was a victim of child abuse. It was known in the whole neighborhood that the father of that child you saw was doing awful things to his child. He hits his child whenever he gets drunk; he even treats him like an ashtray. Those mark on his body and face was because of it. You wouldn't know that because you are only a child. Do you still remember what you did next when you saw him?" Dane asked Gavin

"What? I don't remember it anymore! I only remember how mom would always accompany me in the park to play with my friend, then suddenly those friends disappeared, then I don't know when exactly, but then it became Jerome, who is always with me in the park. We became best friends! I don't remember much now." Gavin confusedly said while he was shaking his head. He doesn't remember anything that Dane is telling him. He was shocked when Dane suddenly held both of his cheeks and smiled at him before answering.

"You saved him, Love!" Dane smilingly answered. Gavin was more shocked

"What? I saved him?" Gavin confusedly, at the same time shocked, while asking his husband.

"Yes! You did! You saved that boy!" Dane answered back

"But how?" Gavin asked him back

"You saved him! Your mother said that when you saw what was happening, you saw how those pick on the poor child. You immediately dropped the ball that you were playing and ran to him, but before you did that, you ran to your mom first and asked for a pen." Dane said

"A pen?" Gavin said

"Yes! A pen! You asked for a pen. Mom was confused at first about why do you need a pen. When your mom gave you a pen and a piece of paper because she thought you wanted to write something, she was shocked when you dropped the paper and suddenly drew some dot all over your face and even your body. Your mom asked you why you were doing that, but you didn't answer. Then after you are finished drawing some dots on your face, you immediately run into those kids and demand for them to hit you too! To bully you too because you look just like that kid now. Full of scars in your body and face, but those kids wouldn't dare to do that because they all know who you are. Those kids just ran away and left you both. Your mom was so shocked about what you did, but what shocked her more was when you lent your hand to that boy and brought it to her. You asked your mom to help him fix his face so he wouldn't be bullied anymore. Mom happily did what you asked, and since then, that kid became your best friend!" Dane smilingly said.