Chapter 25

AUTHOR POV

AUTHOR POV

Dane is standing behind the gate of his parent's house. He doesn't seem to be able to continue to walk. Any minute, he feels like he is about to collapse! He feels so overwhelmed by all the hurt and pain he is having right now! He doesn't know what to do! He badly wants to yell at Gavin earlier, but he can't! He doesn't understand why he can't seem to hurt his husband more.

Dane remained standing by the gate, and when he heard the car engine start indicating that Gavin was now driving away, he collapsed! For Dane, it seems that every string of strength from his body has been sucked right out of him. Everything seems to be collapsing directly in front of his eyes! Every dream he has starting to build is collapsing! Everything!

He is crying so hard!

DANE POV

I know I may be so harsh to Gavin earlier, but I can't face him anymore! I can't look at him right now without having to yell or swear at his face! I just want to get away from him! I don't want to see him! I just can't!

I can't believe everything that I saw! Are all of those true? Is everything a lie? Did he lie to me? What should I do! I don't want to lose him, but how about everything I remember! I remembered everything because of that accident that happened to me earlier in the parking lot! Everything! Every last memory that I forgot and thought would never come back came to me all at once!

I remember everything that happened at our wedding, how happy I was! How I thought everything was perfect then suddenly at the reception, I heard something! I choose to ignore it but that night! His voice! His sorry voice keeps ringing into my ears! How much he was sorry for what he did! I remember now!

AUTHOR POV

During the wedding reception, Gavin is with his friends, celebrating his marriage to Dane. Gavin is talking to his friend, but little did he know that Dane was already at the door hearing their conversation.

"I can't believe you, bro! You did marry him!" One of Gavin's friends speaks to Gavin.

"What do you mean, Gab! Of course, I will marry him!" Gavin said to his friend

"But I thought your relationship with that guy was a lie! I thought you were just so invested with our little play. Remember! How pissed you were that your charm was not working with him that day, then Jerome told you about the bet. If you can make him fall in love with you within three months, you can finally see the Rome sports car that you always want to have, but you can't have because your parents grounded you! I can't still remember your face that day! Your determination to finish that game!"

Dane was waiting for Gavin's answer. He badly wants to hear Gavin deny all of this, but what he sees makes him more confused. Gavin only smirked at the man and continued to drink his wine.

Dane can't take it anymore that he wants to go inside and ask Gavin himself, but the wedding coordinator suddenly calls him.

~~~