Chapter Seventeen - 1.2

Did I blatantly use the concept of a known TV show? yes.

Did I very not discreetly add one of my fav day6 songs ever? yes too XD

Enjoy~~~ 

.oO0°*.*°0Oo.

The rookies were right, though. Younghyun indeed appeared in the mystery music game show GO5 was starring in.

"Mystery singer number 6, please take your place on stage," the emcee called.

Younghyun's time in front of the camera was short. He was eliminated, as expected, in the third round. According to the show's rules, losers of this round were asked to perform.

"If you are tone-deaf, you are an SNU top student majoring in Business law, if not, you are a GO5 labelmate who was supposed to be a member of the group and is working on a solo debut."

Younghyun nodded, unfazed with the pressure of being on a national TV show.

"The opinions are divided, but most of the audience today believes you are a brilliant student from SNU."

"Ah really? I'm grateful I look that smart," he joked, "I'm not sure Jaebum would agree, though." He winked at his friend for the show, who raised an eyebrow questioningly. GO5 had not been allowed to participate in this selection, but they were trying on purpose to mess up with the audience.

"Would you like to share anything before the performance?" The host asked as Younghyun took place under the spotlight.

"Yes. The song I prepared today has been written a long time ago when I struggled with my training and had a hard time. Recently, these words resonated with me once again and I finally completed it only a short time ago. It's my first time performing it. It is very personal, but I think many people can identify themselves. I hope it can reach many people and that everyone will enjoy it."

"It could be bluff too, you never know" the host commented to answer the whispers in the crowd. "Mystery singer number 6, let us hear your voice!"

The studio darkened and the spotlights stopped on Younghyun as he started singing.

Hello 거기 누구 없나
Hello there, is anyone there?

Where is

내게 대답 하나 해줄 누군가
Is there anyone to answer me?

Is anyone there?

사라져 점점 소리 없이
You're disappearing, more and more, without a sound

내게서 아무 이유 없이
From me, without any reason

혹시나 전부다 착각인 건지
Was everything a misunderstanding?

꿈속에서 서로가 서로를 보는 건지
Were we looking at each other in a dream?

Why am I alone?

나를 둘러싼 사람들 속에
Among all the people surrounding me

Why am I alone?

홀로 남겨진 지금 누군가 필요해
I'm all alone, I need someone

지금 누군가 필요해
I need someone right now

If the audience was stunned, Jaehyung was even more. His voice was still vibrating in the void. The song shook him to the bones. From the depth of the lyrics to the vibrant emotion of his voice, Younghyun's performance was incredible. He was amazing, shining brighter than ever through the small screen.

His voice, his charisma, the way he interacted with the public and the ease he seemed to have to reach all those high notes, that was incredible. He did not bat an eye to the incredible range gap. On stage, he was powerful, strong and more handsome than ever.

Really, Younghyun had such talent... even more than he himself thought after that first performance. How could they all have been so blind? How did Jaehyung himself have been so oblivious?

What a waste of time their work together had been. Jaehyung was glad his mistake helped Younghyun stand out. 

침묵을 지키는 사이에에
As I am keeping my silence

모두를 떠나 보낸 듯 해
I've let everyone go

내 머릿속에 울리는
A siren
 rings in my head

확실히 이건 아닌 듯 해

I don't think this is right

침묵을 지키는 사이에
As I am keeping my silence

모두를 떠나 보낸 듯 해
I've let everyone go

Oh now I got to do something

Why am I alone?

나를 둘러싼 사람들 속에
Among all the people surrounding me

With his talent, it would have been a shame to stay behind Jaehyung's voice. Jaehyung would have felt guilty to know he was the one who destroyed Younghyun's possibilities to have a real career. Yes, in the end, he was glad they discovered this before they actually started their duet or else he would have never been able to forgive himself. At least, Jaehyung was glad to be able to give back to Younghyun his freedom in time.

Younghyun found his path. The efforts he put into his performance contrasted with the rebellious trainee he first met.

Why am I alone?

홀로 남겨진 지금 누군가 필요해
I'm all alone, I need someone

지금 누군가 필요해
I need someone right now

지금 누군가 필요해
I need someone right now

In appearance, Younghyun only joined the show to spice up the game, talk about his friendship with Jaebum and show some insight into the trainee life. In reality, it was a bet, his trial phase.

The subliminal message did not go unseen.

The sight of the two best friends joking around off stage had been enough to bring quite the attention. With his messy hairstyle and his fancy clothes, he made quite the impression.

The two minutes they allowed him to perform was all Younghyun needed to show his potential to the world.

The same evening, 'ISYV performance', 'Jaebum&Younghyun', 'I need somebody' and 'Kang Younghyun debut' trended on a few portals.

The news hit Jaehyung the next day, officially released on the agency's homepage.

"YOUNGK OFFICIAL DEBUT SCHEDULE"

The rumour of his solo debut was not a rumour anymore. Younghyun began to walk his own path alone.