Chapter Seven - 3

Warning: Long-ass chapter ahead! lol

It took me everything so I hope you enjoy it <33

.oO0°*°0Oo.

After the concert, Younghyun felt like they moved up a rung.

Most of their time was spent in the studio, working on new songs relentlessly. They were tied by work but became closer than ever. Younghyun felt fuzzy and warm wrapped in the safety of their musical cocoon. Sometimes, when they rested side by side in front of an empty partition, their hand found each other's and their fingers intertwined. It was never as easy to think about lovesick lyrics and upbeat melodies.

Recently, Younghyun started to pick Jaehyung in front of his friend's studio before going to their usual rehearsal. When they reached the main building as per usual, they were welcomed by an unexpected crowd gathered in front of the main entrance. The situation was not extraordinary since a lot of fans liked to wait by the agency to take a glimpse of their favourite celebrity, but they did not recall any particular event today.

Following the recommendations for these cases, they walked through the second entrance to avoid the public eyes and immediately noticed the brand-new band produced by the agency ready to go out through the main door. Younghyun immediately caught sight of Jaebum among them, who waved at him with a smile.

"Just a moment, come with me," he told Jaehyung. He decided to take the opportunity to greet his friend given that they did not have many occasions to talk since the older made his début.

A hand on his arm stopped his path and Jaehyung looked around a bit uncomfortable. "I'll be going first, meet me to the music room when you're done, okay?" he told him with a soft stressed voice he did not expect.

"Don't you want to..."

"Not really," Jaehyung frowned, "and I have some things to work on. Take your time with your friend," he added before disappearing in the lift.

Younghyun shrugged his surprised off for a moment to walk toward Jaebum. They had never been very touchy together, yet they spontaneously shared a long hug, both too glad to finally see each other.

"Congratulation hyung, the show was incredible. You should have seen how starstruck Jae was during the concert. You're finally the amazing artist you wanted to be," Younghyun praised him sincerely.

Jaebum hugged him once more, his grin reaching his eyes from happiness. He looked tired but very content and it made Younghyun beam without noticing it. Jaebum had his make-up on, heavy eyeliner, designer clothes and a carefully-designed messy hairstyle. He rocked the look and had everything of the idol he always wanted to be.

"I'm glad to see you, so many things happened, I feel like I did not see you for years," Jaebum commented.

"It's only been a few weeks," Younghyun scoffed.

"Still a brat... I see, good to know some things never change." Younghyun jokingly glared at him and it made Jaebum laugh out loud.

"Thinking I almost praised your performance for your first concert."

If Younghyun thought Jaebum's smile could not be wider, it was a mistake, because his words seemed to make him even happier than he already was.

"Thank you. I'm glad you came, I'm sorry we did not have time to meet after," Younghyun barely nodded, reminiscence of the evening flooding his mind.

Jaebum smiled at the unusual expression on his friend's face. "I heard you had special training," he spoke out suddenly as if he just remembered the fact. "Does it mean you will have your debut soon?"