Chapter Eight - part 1.2

I reaaaally apologize for taking so long! 

This is sooo short, but actually it's just the end of the previous part. I was struggling with it because I changed my plans mid-way and I wasn't completely sure about what to do ^^"

Anyway, I like how it came out in the end, so I hope you will too and enjoy the gem cover in the link for the reference <3

I should update the real part 2 of the chapter soon! (or at least, I'll try XD)

.oO0°*°0Oo.

"Would you like to try first?"

Younghyun grabbed the guitar Jaehyung handed him and sat on the chair. He stroked the cords slowly to get used to the sound of the instrument. He was more of an acoustic guitar player than electric, but he liked the sound of it.

"What should I play?"

"Anything you have in mind?"

"I don't know... I don't play often with this kind of baby," Younghyun joked, quickly rewarded when Jaehyung chuckled.

"Let's see..."

He got lost in his thoughts for a moment while Younghyun focused on the strings on the guitar. Suddenly the older snapped his finger, calling his attention on him.

"Do you know 'She's gone'?" He asked excitedly.

"Steelheart?" Younghyun frowned. He was not sure what kind of suggestion he expected but a thirty years old American rock song, though relatively popular in Korea, was surely not part of it.

"I like their music," Jaehyung nodded. "The range is incredibly high and barely possible to sing, but I think it'd be fun to play."

"I don't know it well, but let's try," Younghyun agreed easily. As if he could refuse a request with such enthusiasm.

Younghyun started to play, a beat slower than the original as he tried to remember the full melody. He had to start over a few times to recall the right notes, but it flew more easily than he expected. Soon enough, Jaehyung started to play the notes on his virtual guitar. Eyes closed, he was lost in the music, seemingly unfazed whenever Younghyun struggled to keep up.

By habit, just like he had spent the last months learning to, Younghyun followed Jaehyung's lead, step by step to reproduce the original song. If he thought he was passionate, Younghyun quickly noticed he was surely no match to Jaehyung. He might not have all the professional tips he learnt from the agency, his finger moves were fast and smooth with to create notes just as beautiful as his voice was.

Jaehyung was a good teacher without meaning to be. He was very concentrated and in his own world when he was playing but patient with the other and Younghyun was probably the most dedicated audience.

Younghyun who was used to play with other people but never cared about the coordination found it very different from what he knew. With Jaehyung, it was easier to follow along and guess his body language. Without thinking much, it didn't take them long to create a new world where they were almost dancing together, feeling each other aura without having to look at the one by their side.

They played the same song until it ran naturally to his finger and Jaehyung got caught enough to hum along.

Younghyun barely knew the lyrics of the song, but he was sure Jaehyung knew them perfectly. He was mumbling, mouth tightly closed as he bit sometimes his lower lip. Younghyun could tell the words hit him in the heart and refrained from screaming them out loud. His face contorted with the highest notes of the guitar in a disturbingly accurate impersonation of the original singer. He was so invested it was definitely a sight to see.

Slowly, Jaehyung became more and more aware of Younghyun's presence by his side and his eyes on him as he was humming along. He was used to playing with him, to play with others in general, but it felt different. They liked the proximity they had in those moments and the sensation that they could learn about each other and understand their feelings while they invested in their music.

Jaehyung never craved as much to share a song with someone.