Chapter Thirteen - 2

This is quite a long part and slightly turning point so I didn't cut it  

I hope you still like this story >//<

Also, dunno if it's still there but... thank you for reading and bringing this story to #1 ranking in jaehyungparkian 🥺😭😭😭😭 As usual, don't forget the feedbacks~<3

.oO0*@♡@*0Oo. 

For their first day of recording, Sammy, Sungjin and Dowoon offered to tag along in case Jaehyun needed some support. Younghyun politely turned down their help. Not being exactly obedient, Sammy still came in the company, but after a long argument, Younghyun convinced him they would try without him and call him if needed. 

It was a bet, but he needed to succeed. Jaehyung needed to do it alone so they could work on his plan. 

When he entered the room booked for them, Jaehyung was pacing up and down in front of the pane, his face marked by his stress. On the other side of the pane, two men were adjusting the control table and Jaehyung occasionally sent them worried glances. He kept stroking his hands and tried to breathe slowly. He even missed Younghyun's arrival until he softly called to catch his attention. 

"Jaehyung."

Surprised, Jaehyung froze and offered a tight-lipped smile. 

"Younghyun," he pleaded for help, anything to make him better. 

After a quick greeting toward the two men, he walked toward Jaehyung. He fought the urge to hold him close. and lightly stroke his shoulder. "How do you feel?" 

With a smile, his eyes tinted by his fear, Jaehyung nodded. "I'm fine. Stressed, but fine." He said with conviction. "This is what we aimed for during all those weeks, so I can't back up now."

Younghyun nodded and let his hand run down Jaehyung's spine softly.

"We'll make it... You will make it."

"I... hope so," Jaehyung nodded. 

Without thinking, Younghyun brought Jaehyung closer and he resolved himself to share a –friendly– hug to comfort him. He wanted to soothe his fear, ease his heart and keep him as close as he could. With the two men working right beside, he knew it was not an option. 

Still, Jaehyung thanked him with a smile for his intention. He knew how judgemental people in this country could be on this topic. He experienced it first hand when he freshly landed in the country and was not willing to go through it ever again. 

This kind of rumour could end a carrier in less time than it would take his director to tear up their contract. 

Breathing out loudly, Jaehyung clenched his fist to give himself a bit of strength and walked to the closed room. The studio was quite small and in the soundproof room was standing a single microphone hung at the ceiling with headphones hanging and a music stand. 

Behind the window, Younghyun watched him settle behind the microphone and put the headphones on. His hands were slightly trembling, the way Younghyun saw it the first time he sang in front of him. He hoped it was a good presage, a sign that Jaehyung would be able to overcome his fear.