Chapter Ten - 1

I'm sorry, I had missing Woojin time and everything I wrote was so angsty I self-censored myself. Well kinda... I wrote a bit of woolix and but it took some time to be able to update this one... sowwy >//<

.oO0°°0Oo.

When they broke away from each other, Younghyun was not sure he wanted to open his eyes ever again in fear it would shrug the feeling away. This taste on his lips, this sensation, the butterflies he recognized so well... he was too mesmerized by the short moment he shared with Jaehyung to break it so fast.

He opened his eyes and first saw Jaehyung's wide eyes focused on his, his soft lips slightly parted. Then, he easily noticed how his expression didn't seem as enchanted as his and visibly under what looked like a state of shock.

He quickly took a grip on himself and looked away quite awkwardly. He could feel Jaehyung watching him carefully as a heavy silence took place between them both. He was usually self-confident, but the gaze shook him. He could literally feel it, travel his skin and piercing his soul. Uneasy, he stroked his nape and looked around anywhere but Jaehyung.

After a way too long time, he gathered his mind to look as normal as possible and cleared his throat tentatively.

"You did it," he said his voice less steady than he wished it to be.

Jaehyung's eyelashes fluttered as if he was barely waking up from a very confusing dream and he finally focused them on Younghyun.

"You kissed me," he whispered as his hand went automatically to touch his lips.

"I..." Younghyun began without knowing what to say.

"You kissed me," Jaehyung repeated incredulous, his cheeks taking a fancy pinkish shade as he felt Younghyun's dark eyes looking back at him.

"I... yeah. Sorry."

So lame he thought, but he didn't know how to explain his impulse. He did it without even thinking, just as he felt the desire to. It happened too fast, even for himself and he had not been able to prevent it.

Too shocked about his own action, Younghyun had been unable to think normally for the rest of the day. He didn't know how to explain his behaviour to Jaehyung, but he was sure of it now. From the start, it had been clear, but now he simply couldn't ignore the feeling, his love. Though, he couldn't tell this to Jaehyung for now. He had enough pressure to struggle with for now.

Unable to confess his feelings so soon, he chose to keep them while they were fully blooming in his heart.

After that, neither of them dared to bring such a sensitive topic again.

Younghyun was unusually quiet, unable to form a word about the kiss he suddenly initiated. Hopefully, Jaehyung did not ask either, even if his behaviour showed clearly how much he wanted to have some explanations.

Instead, Younghyun picked up Jaehyung's forgotten guitar. He stroked the cords carefully, almost shyly. Jaehyung easily understood and they started working on the new song they recently began to compose.

If both made more mistakes than they used to, none of them mentioned it.

Even if it seemed slow at the beginning and almost ineffective, they noticed how the song took a new direction. As time flew by, the progression was as evident as the message it held.

The melody was softer, brighter than before, full of all the feelings only a heartfelt confession could hold. The obvious creation of their common path.

The song was more than simple keys, more than mere notes written on a music sheet. It was a piece of their lives, their feelings. Like a piece of those moments, they shared their hope, their dream. More than any of them expected from this collaboration.

"I like it," Jaehyung said, breaking the silence that took place after they perfectly ended to play entirely Their still nameless song.

"Me too," Younghyun answered softly. "I wish we could play it for the public."

"I think you might be able to play it live" Jaehyung added with a smile.

"That's not what I mean..." The younger replied.

"You're as good as a professional, it wouldn't be a problem."

"This is our song, I can only play it with you," Younghyun dared, staring at Jaehyung sitting by his side on the piano bench. "I wouldn't be half as good without you by my side."

Jaehyung never felt as proud as right now.

"Also I'm getting good with the bass lately, you can't ask me to change back to guitar now."

"I... What?"

"You are the guitarist now and I'm your bassist remember?"

"You can't be serious. I thought it was for fun. Why would you do that?

"So I can be your support on stage as well. Isn't it what the bass is for?"

Silence wrapped them once more and a smile broke on Jaehyung's lips.

"Thank you." He said as he looked down modestly, almost daydreaming. "I wish..." He whispered after a moment and smiled again. "Let's go! It's late already!" He exclaimed suddenly as he stood up.

"Late?" Younghyun asked as he looked at his phone, to notice it was not as late as when they left the agency the day before.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, forgot to tell you, but I've to go early today," Jaehyung said, already packing his stuff.

Without answering, Younghyun kept his gaze on him, watching his every movement with wonder. Noticing his behaviour, Jaehyung stopped for a second and stood up to look at him.

"I'm going home," he explained, "Well, at Sammy's," he corrected after a second thought.

"Oh really," Younghyun commented without hiding his disappointment.

"We have a series marathon every Thursday. I can't break the tradition now, he'd kill me."

"You never told me that."

The tone of his voice was a little pouty and Jaehyung could only laugh at his behaviour.

"I guess the topic never came out. We might have spent too much time talking about music," he smiled, slightly apologetic.

"I tell you everything though."

Jaehyung's smile widened a bit more if possible. It was true that they had been talking a lot. And despite being particularly talkative and quite expressive, Jaehyung never talked too much about his family or friends. Maybe because Younghyun had never been too fond of Sungjin and he was cautious about who he introduced him.

"Do you think so?"

However, Younghyun's expression was too adorable, almost childish and he couldn't help but think that maybe, he deserved to know every single important person in his life.

"Would you like to come as well?" he asked as he took a deep breath.

"Where?"

"At Sammy's, he won't mind," Jaehyung answered softly.

Younghyun didn't answer, lost in his thoughts with a cute pout on his face.

"Lemme warn you, he's a bit weird sometimes," he joked, "I'll introduce you both if you'd like to come too."

"Of course!" The youngest answered quickly.

"Then let's go!"