Chapter fourteen - 2

I'm sorry for taking so long... I'm facing a bad motivation block. Like I have all the ideas and the line is set but when I have time to write I just... can't get into it properly.
Ah~ If you are still here reading this, thank you, it means a lot!
I reaaaaaally want to go on with this story, it's my most precious baby and I surely plan to complete it. If you feel like it's repetitive, that's probably true... I started losing track of the timeline ^^'''

PS. I didn't mention before, but obviously the lyrics are just for reference, to give the atmosphere. It's very self-indulgent... Yes I'm basically just adding my favourite songs XD

Special PS: thank you baby for the reminder and support.

This chapter isn't much, but it's the first in a while, so it's already something I guess.

.oO0°*°0Oo.

Jaehyung peaked once again inside the room.

"Do we really have to do that?"

Jaehyung had been complaining for two hours straight since they arrived at the company. Every day bringing them closer to the performance Jaehyung had been more restless. He tried to not be too obvious, but it was hard to miss. He often spaced out in the middle of their conversations, looking more concerned than he planned it to be.

"Evaluations are important Jae. People already think we get special treatment because we never participate in the trainee survivals. I want to show them you deserve it. They need to know what they are fighting against," Younghyun half-joked.

"We don't owe them anything," Jaehyung grumbled, still a bit whiny.

"You're right, you don't owe them, I just want to brag, show you off a little bit."

His sentence owed him a firm punch on the biceps. It hurt a bit, but the sight of Jaehyung's red ears was enough to make up for the pain.

"You're stupid."

Younghyun laughed at the comment. "Joke aside, don't stress out. It will be pretty short and Sungjin already sent them the full set details. You just have to stand there, sing a song and leave. Easy."

"Easier said than done."

"Come on, there are only a few people, not much more than the studio or during the lessons."

With the help of the lessons and the neverending support from his friends, the recording had been smooth, almost easy. The album was ready, only waiting for the last arrangements from the technical team.

The evaluation on stage that was waiting for him, however, was another story.

"I didn't know so many members of the staff would participate."

"It's the evaluation, Jae... This is where they decide the future of the trainees. It can be left to one or two teachers."

The evaluations were important to decide the future of the trainees and the lineups of their bi-annual showcase. All of them were betting their life on the results.

Jaehyung wanted to take back his words, go back to his past self and stop him before he was stupid enough to agree to that. He could feel their eyes, their judgement; all of them ready to absorb his feelings. Jaehyung wanted to hide.

"I'm not sure if you're mocking me or trying to reassure me. I'm not stupid, I can see them there and there are more than four or five people."

"Sorry... I know it's hard. I am making it difficult for you. I was the one who decided to join the evaluation, you don't have to do it, Jae. You don't have to, but don't say you can't because I know you do. You will shine and show them how incredible you are. Then for the show, only the fun will be left.