Chapter Eleven - 3

Almost double update!!! Yeaaay

Slooooowly it starts to move on~ What do you think??????????

.oO0°°0Oo.

Sungjin and Dowoon inched closer to look at the partition. They read it carefully and Dowoon shook his head in rhythm with the mental melody. Younghyun immediately understood the older's intention.

"You sure?"

Jaehyung bit his lower lip. "Yes."

Sungjin tilted his head and sat straight again, his hands ready on the cords. He started playing slowly, following the partition as well as he could. By his side, Dowoon beat the rhythm with his foot and nodded approvingly.

"Sounds nice."

"Did you guys compose that?" Dowoon asked in awe.

"We did, together," Jaehyung confirmed, reassured by their encouraging answer.

A soft smile came on Younghyun's lips as he replayed to the melody inside his head.

"We call it 'I like you', but we might change the title so it doesn't sound too boring or cliche."

"I can tell there's absolutely no hidden meaning behind that title." Dowoon's joke made Sungjin burst out laughing and the two other men tried to hide their rising blushes.

"But it's good, really," Sungjin added "It sounds soft and the melody is good. Well, with the incomplete lyrics it's hard to tell how it'll sound, but... wow, good work."

"I completely agree. The beat is quite slow and it has potential. Sure, it won't sound professional without proper arrangements, but I like it."

Both Jaehyung and Younghyun beamed hearing the compliment. It was a small step, but they were growing as artists and they felt proud of their very first achievement together.

"If you don't mind sharing it, we can give it a try. We'll be able to give you better feedback then," Sungjin offered.

Jaehyung and Younghyun easily agreed and Jaehyung forwarded the file right away. They both moved to his computer to check the file and discuss the arrangements since they did not have any pianist.

"What is it?" Jaehyung asked, pointing toward a pile of documents with the Korean National University of Aart's logo.

"Hum?" Sungjin looked at the papers. "Oh, this is the KNUA's pamphlet for their annual perf. Sam left it in the studio last time. He asked if ForLive could participate in the performance. Something about getting production credits."

" 'I Wait'? I thought we dropped this one before. Are you really able to sing that?" Jaehyung asked, surprised.

"Don't underestimate me," Sungjin replied jokingly. "We re-arranged it and without meaning to boast, I rock this song."

They laughed at his fake modesty, but none of them would be able to contradict. The rare occasions Younghyun's heard him, Sungjin had been way above all his expectations.

Instead of joining the mood, Sungjin stared hesitantly at Jaehyung, "Well, in fact, I didn't keep this for us. When I talked about trying something different, I had this thing in mind..."

"What do you mean?"

"You already sang in front of each of us, right?" Dowoon replied instead, already aware of Sungjin's plan.

Jaehyung didn't answer and simply nodded after a glance toward Younghyun.

"You can sing in front of us. So maybe..."

"You can't be saying what I think you are."

"Maybe you could start singing in front of more people," Sungjin completed, confirming his fear.

"Sungjin..." Jaehyung complained.

"I know it's early, but when Sammy mentioned his show, I thought it might be a good opportunity for you both. We could find a good song and give it a try."

"If you don't feel ready at that time, ForLive can take over, we'll prepare more songs. No pressure," Dowoon tried to encourage him.

"This is just an idea," Sungjin added hastily. "Forget it for now. Let's do 'Congratulations'!" He cheered a bit too loudly.

With a slight reluctance, Jaehyung accepted. He picked up his forgotten partition and got ready to practice again.

Sungjin was playful but reassuring while Dowoon was as supportive as ever. As Younghyun observed them, he noticed how good Sungjin was to make Jaehyung feel at ease. Younghyun noticed how he managed to control his occasional bursts of stress.

Sungjin's magic did his trick as he played while Jaehyung sang for the three of them.

Maybe, his suggestion could work, he thought, with the help of the two other musicians, he was convinced they could make it.

When Jaehyung ended the song perfectly, he looked a bit lost and his hands were shaking, but Dowoon and Sungjin clapped to congratulate him and Younghyun clapped along, loudly. Jaehyung's smile was wider than ever and he gladly received the hug. Slowly, Younghyun walked toward Sungjin who was proudly observing him with a grin.

"Why are you doing this for Jaehyung?" Younghyun wondered, his eyes on Jaehyung and Dowoon chatting loudly as if they didn't see each other for weeks.

"Because he's talented and he tends to forget it."

"Is that all?"

"If you mean, am I in love with him or anything, I'm not. But I want the best for him."

Weirdly convinced by his words, Younghyun nodded. Somehow, he knew he could believe him.

"Me too."

After seeing them working together, Younghyun felt the difference. He felt their bond, their friendship, but he also felt how different his working session with Jaehyung was... much more meaningful, less professional and certainly more loving.

"Jaehyung needs comfort and support... that's what I try to give him. He's a talented singer, yet he resigns to be a hidden artist forever."

Younghyun frowned, apologies already on his lips.

"I'm not blaming you. I admit I was reluctant, but you gave him more in this short time than I did for years. I know Jaehyung resigned himself, but I can tell he wants more. I can't accept him to stay behind, even if it's his will. As an artist, he'll never be completed if he doesn't perform in front of a public. You understand, right?" he asked, eyes strong and confident.

Younghyun nodded and everything seemed perfectly logical as he heard it from Sungjin's mouth.

"With your help, Younghyun, I'm convinced we can make Jaehyung's dream come true."