Chapter Twelve - 3

Jaehyung got interrupted before he had time to make a single move.

"Don't move," Younghyun whispered and the deep tone of his voice made him shiver.

Jaehyung stood straight, shoulders tense. Younghyun's hand ran up the wall but he never looked away from the singer. His fingers reached the switch and he flashed a reassuring smile tinted by some indescribable seriousness. Jaehyung felt his blood boiling with anticipation.

While he tried to control his suddenly stiff body, Younghyun switched off the lights.

Only the beam of light from the console prevented them to be completely wrapped in the dark. Jaehyung's eyes slowly tried to get used to the sudden lack of luminosity. He could hear his own breathing, way too noisy in his opinion.

His legs felt like cotton candy and he was afraid he would completely melt soon. He moved around to reach the wall nearby. He reached a chair and transferred his weight against the case, unable to stand any longer.

The silence took over and Jaehyung wondered if Younghyun did not disappear. He could not hear any sound that indicated someone else's presence, but it might be because his pounding heart concealed all other sounds. He felt his presence, near, but was not sure he could trust his intuition.

"Younghyun?" he asked hesitantly, looking through the darkness at the place the man was previously.

He distinguished a silhouette in front of him, but before he had time to talk further, he felt the soft stroke of Younghyun's hand on his cheek. He shivered at the contact but leaned in automatically.

"Is this song for me?" Younghyun whispered next to his ear, his thumb stroking the singer's chin.

Jaehyung's eyes half-closed under the sweet touch and the soft breath against his skin. He did not confirm, but all his soul was screaming the lovely secret his heart tried to keep silent. With a tender smile, Jaehyung could not see, Younghyun cupped his face and joined their lips. They parted only a few seconds later.

"Go on... Sing again," Younghyun requested as he brought his body closer to Jaehyung's.

Younghyun's warmth spread through the thin fabric of his clothes. Jaehyung was pretty sure the other could feel his heartbeats. Younghyun swallowed his apprehension through another delicate kiss.

"Sing again for me," he encouraged him once again.

Without thinking any longer, Jaehyung complied.

Standing beside the singer, Younghyun walked closer and their hips pressed against each other. His hand slid behind his back and he bent to kiss the offered skin in his neck above his collarbone.

Jaehyung's voice wavered, but he meant the lyrics more than ever. The kisses made it hard for him to keep his tone steady, but he continued the whole song without backing out.

In the warm embrace, he forgot about their place, the world or any of his fear, only sharing his feelings with the man he grew up attached to in the last few months. He sang with his whole heart, proud to be finally able to open his heart and share these emotions with Younghyun.

This is a song for you

Oh I'm singing for you

This is a song for you

I'm singing for you
내 모든걸 다 줄게
I'll give you my everything

대신 울어주고 싶고
I want to cry for you

내가 대신 아파해주고 싶어요
I want to hurt instead of you

다신 그대의 마음에
I don't want any scars in your heart

상처가 나지 않았으면 해요
Ever again

누군가를 넘치게

When you love someone

좋아한다는 건
So much that it overflows

참 신기하게도
It's so amazing

그렇더라고요
Because this is how it is

The last words of the song trundled on his tongue and he felt Younghyun's lips brush his once again, like a reward. Unlike the previous time, Jaehyung caught the latter's face between his hands and deepened the kiss. When they parted, they took a moment to catch their breath, both feeling a bit feverish.

Through the darkness, they looked toward each other, their eyes slowly accustomed to the lack of light.

"It's beautiful. Your voice is beautiful," Younghyun whispered, as if talking louder would break the connection between them. "You're beautiful," He added.

His hand climbed up along his back to reach the back of Jaehyung's head and he distanced their faces by a few centimetres. With the tip on his finger, he ruffled the hair falling on Jaehyung's forehead.

"These lyrics, this song... I'm not reading that wrong, right?" Younghyun asked with slight hesitation.

Jaehyung looked away, between guilt and fear. He tried to avoid the insistent pressure growing in his stomach, but the latter's presence so close made it even more difficult to think properly.

"I'm... I didn't expect it to go that far," Jaehyung said, a bit lost in a daydream

Jaw clenching, he took a deep breath and let his forehead fall above Younghyun's clavicle. He rested a moment there, enjoying the movements from the younger respiration and the feeling of his hands trying to comfort him with a circular motion in his back.

"I'm sorry, Brian..." Jaehyung started again as he straightened his head. "I think I'm in love with you," he confessed with shame, his voice lower than usual.

As he processed the words slowly, Younghyun almost jolted in surprise. His heartbeats fasten immediately and his hands froze on the other's shirt. Subjugated with the confession he didn't expect, he didn't dare to move any more, waiting for the singer to continue.

"Not because I need your help, not because you made me closer to realize my dream than I ever have been before..." he clarified, "Just because it's you."

Younghyun opened his mouth to answer but felt himself completely out of words for the first time in his life. He didn't have to think further that Jaehyung was kissing him again.

"I love you," Jaehyung whispered between his lips, eyes closed.

Hands trembling and heart pounding, Jaehyung waited for an answer that never came. His expectations were almost forgotten he melted in another passionate kiss.

Under the kiss, they both got lost and forgot about their environment. They followed the growing desire emanating from each of them and let their body get closer to share those feelings boiling inside them.