Chapter Fourteen - 3

Whuuut two updates in less than six months?? What is this sorcery?!

Just a simple, dialogue-filled chapter before we jump at the deep end of the pool

PS: feedbacks are loved

.oO0°*°0Oo.

"Care to enlighten me about what's going on?"

Their manager's greeting wasn't the warmest, but Younghyun could hardly complain. He couldn't say he didn't expect the scolding either. They were supposed to keep it low until their debut and here he was pushing Jaehyung to perform in front of the whole agency.

"I'm sorry," he grumbled a half-hearted apology.

He knew he was going against the contract he signed, against his own word, but he was not in the least regretful.

"I don't know what you are pulling. Why didn't I hear about my artists joining the monthly evaluation before walking on them on stage by chance?"

"I didn't think it through..."

"You didn't? It feels like you thought this through if you ask me."

"I..." Younghyun sighed. "Right. I should have told you beforehand, but I knew you would be against it."

"I'm glad you know. You signed a contract, Younghyun. This isn't just a game or some bet with your friends. You can't just break it whenever you want."

"The director agreed, right? He said I could show you."

"I remember you were saying you would show us Jaehyung's skills, but I didn't expect that to mean you would break the rules of your contract."

"How could I show Jaehyung's improvement otherwise?"

The manager shook his head. "You're lucky it stays in the agency... This is a dangerous game you are playing," he warned. "I assume you don't plan to stop here, right?"

Younghyun nodded. He had no reason to lie. If he wanted to reach their goal, have Jaehyung on stage and shine as an artist, he needed to convince their management to let them join the University festival. If he wanted to avoid their fate, he needed to take the matter on his hands.

"The evaluation went well, now Jae has to sing on a real stage."

"I expected as much," he said, way less surprised or angry than Younghyun thought he would be.

"Next week. At the KNUA's Festival. We signed him up," the trainee confessed, pausing between each information he was carefully sharing.

The manager crossed his arms against his chest and tilted his head.

"You are supposed to film your Music video next week."

"Just one week, one more week," he pleaded. "You saw him right? He can do it. I know he can. Let us join. Let him sing by himself."

"Younghyun. You know it is not my decision to take. You signed a contract and you have a debut prepared. Now you are asking to go against it, what do you expect me to say? Are you even taking this seriously?"

"I do. More than you can think," he paused. "If he can't sing, we will follow the schedule as planned and no one will ever know he's the one singing for me. It won't change anything. But, if he sings there, in front of the crowd, it means he can do it right? Then, he can film his own MV. It's already his voice, and no one saw my face yet, so that won't change anything. The company has nothing to lose."