Chapter Three - 1

Laid on the covers of his bed, his right arm upon his face to hide his eyes, Younghyun sighed heavily. Today was his last day of freedom before the beginning of his new life. The end of this crazy week he spent because of this crazy project. Today, he finally agreed to the terms of the deal and starting tomorrow, his whole life will take a different turn.

His arm fell soundly on the mattress and Younghyun opened his eyes to gaze at the ceiling. He sighed once more and took a last glance at the paper on his bedside table. The full characters of his name seemed to be shining on the contract, reminding him again he truly agreed to this dangerous arrangement.

Starting from tomorrow, he will spend every single day of the next six months with Jaehyung. Without thinking about the implications, Younghyun agreed. Why did he agree again? He did not remember he did without thinking.

When the director told them to think about the deal for one entire week before giving a definitive answer, Younghyun decided to take his time. It was an important decision, though he was not completely sure he had much room for manoeuvre. He could not talk about it with anyone, so he wanted at least to think about it alone for a while. He waited until the last day before he gave them his decision, but he knew that in fact, he had not thought about it as hard as he should have. He closed his eyes again and remembered those last few days.

Yeah, if he was honest, he knew he had taken his decision since the very first day.

{...}

The door slammed behind the two newcomers walking toward the lanky figure man standing beside the piano. The young man jolted at the unexpected sound and took a few seconds looking at the two men in front of him. A bright smile slowly grew on his face and he greeted them politely with a bow.

"Oh Mister Park, you are there, that's great," the oldest man said as he greeted the young man in front of them.

"I was a bit stressed, I came earlier than planned," Jaehyung explained with a soft smile.

The manager did not pay attention to the obviously uncomfortable man and kept talking. "Good, good. We can begin right away if you don't mind."

"Not at all."

The manager walked toward the table set up for them near the piano and sat on a stool, inviting the two trainees to do the same. Younghyun followed obediently hiding his curiosity and sat at his turn. Jaehyung sat on the remained seat followed by Younghyun's gaze. Catching the latter's eyes, his grin widened.

"I'm sorry, I'm so confused, I'm forgetting my manners," he held out his arm toward Younghyun and their eyes locked. "Park Jaehyung," he introduced himself with a subtle English intonation.

"Kang Younghyun," he answered automatically.

"Nice to meet you."

Younghyun nodded despite his lack of an answer. He looked again at the man in front of him. He was really tall, easily pulling off a casual hip-hop style easily found abroad. For a supposedly extremely timid and stressed dude, Jaehyung did not look timid nor stressed. He might be a bit shy, but his voice was still, his face calm and his eyes as bright as his smile. He was talking normally and did not seem particularly bothered or even curious about the situation.

He must also to add the guy was quite good looking... okay, really good looking with his lovely grin and smiling eyes that made him look kind of soft, maybe too much. But even this, Jaehyung seemed to be well aware of it and looked pretty confident about his appearance.

Park Jaehyung, he repeated for himself.

His pronunciation was good, but a lingering accent remained lightly behind the words. He did not need to know much about him to guess he was a gyopo. If the song he heard was of any indication, he was ready to bet his sunny pronunciation came from California. As a native Korean who only spent a few years abroad, he knew he was from reaching this level, no matter how well he could use the language.