Chapter Eight - 1.1

Guys this story just reached 1K... I really love these characters but didn't really want to expect too much yet here we are <3 Thanks a lot for the support!!

Also, this part looks like a filler, but it's necessary~ and you can enjoy the dialogues for the next 200years XD

.oO0°*°0Oo.

Unexpectedly, nothing changed.

If Younghyun was now completely sure Jaehyung knew he had been there – had been planning to sing this song for him even – it had not been the much-anticipated trigger he thought it would.

The memory of the moment, however easily convinced him that Jaehyung was slowly but surely letting him step into his secluded world. That alone had been enough to feed Younghyun's greed for the time being and he was more decided than ever to be his unshakable support. Through his efforts to reduce Jaehyung's burden, he surreptitiously found a new way for them to work together.

Younghyun was barely out of his dance lesson when he received his delivery. Too excited or too lazy to change his clothes; he kept his sweatpants and sneaked into their studio during one of Jaehyung's short break. He did not wait a minute longer to try it on, testing the slightly foreign sensation with anticipation.

This is how Jaehyung found minutes later, a laptop in front of him and his brand new gem in his hands.

"Brian? What are you doing?"

Younghyun barely looked up, a knowing smile forming on his lips while he focused on following the recommendations of a virtual teacher to position place his fingers properly.

"Practicing."

"I can see that but..." Jaehyung paused. He kicked his bag out of the way and walked closer to kneel in front of Younghyun. "Is that a bass?"

"It is."

"Why do you have a bass?"

"I just bought it," Younghyun replied carelessly, seemingly more focused on the online course playing on his computer than the talk. "I'm learning how to play it."

Jaehyung's usually low eyelids raised considerably behind his loose glasses, an amusing sight in Younghyun's opinion. "Are you kidding me?" he asked in disbelief. "Why are you learning how to play the bass suddenly?"

"Why not? You play electric guitar with your friends, right?" Younghyun paused, waiting for a confirmation he did not need. Jaehyung nodded. He expected too much, guessing where he was trying to get at without daring to admit it. "Sungjin plays the acoustic," Younghyun paused again, smiling, "And you have a drummer as well, so all you need now is a bassist."

"You can't be serious."

"Why not? I want to support you and I think it will be easier for you to sing with me if I become part of your routine."

"You already are," he muttered, torn between warmth and incredulity, "You know it takes time to learn how to play right?"

"I know, but bass sounded easier than the piano," he joked, "and I already know how to play the guitar, it shouldn't be too hard."

Jaehyung deadpanned. Younghyun sounded particularly proud of his idea and very enthusiastic to learn, he was not ready to break his motivation.

"Sungjin and Dowoon already have a pianist for some perfs," he added after a short silence.

Younghyun laughed, radiating happiness. "Does it mean I'm hired?"

"We don't accept beginners."

"Don't underestimate me. I'll improve in no time. If it's the only thing I can do to help you, I'm ready to do everything I can."

Jaehyung ignored him to grab his guitar. He tried to act nonchalant, but the blush on his cheeks easily betrayed him. It was all Younghyun needed to understand. He did not need to hear it to know Jaehyung cared. The singer started to hit some strings. His bangs fell on his eyes, emphasising the redness of his soft skin. Younghyun could not tear his eyes away from the show in front of him.

Silently he leaned against the wall, leaving his brand new bass at the side and head falling behind against the cold surface. Jaehyung offered him a small smile in the middle of the melody. By the end of the song, a dreamy Jaehyung let out a sigh as he put away his guitar.

"Thank you. I think I couldn't complete this." He walked toward the table and picked a pen to write down the melody he just thought of.

Younghyun joined him and leaned against the table. "How long have you been playing alone before I came?" he asked.

"I don't know... a few hours maybe."

"Few hours?" Younghyun asked again as he raised an eyebrow.

"I guess so, I wanted to try some new things so... yeah."

"Then why don't you join the trainees? You now you can join the practice and composition classes if you ask. Wouldn't that be better than being alone?"

Jaehyung looked at the floor and thought about it for a while.

"I don't think I'm supposed to play or compose. They brought me here to sing and they have plenty of musicians and composers already," he said thoughtfully. "And I guess they want to keep it low. Me being in here, I mean,"

"Then it failed obviously. Jaebum already asked me why I was training with a cutie because he heard gossips about you."

Jaehyung blushed at the words and tried to stay composed to not let out how much he liked the compliment. As he noticed what he just said, Younghyun cleared his throat and avoided Jaehyung's gaze, trying to find something to say without knowing what.

"Anyway, are you still wearing this because you want to dance with me?" Jaehyung asked, flashing an amused smile. "You can't even imagine how good I am!"

Surprised, Younghyun's eyes widened and he blinked twice to be sure he did not hear it wrong, making Jaehyung laugh with his behaviour.

"What with that face?"

"Would you?" Younghyun wondered out loud, showing his disbelief.

"Sure," Jaehyung nodded, "but I told you before, trust me, you don't want to see that."

"huh? but..."

"It's a joke. I can barely stand on my two stick of feet and I have no body-rhythm whatsoever. Sammy keeps saying it's a wonder I can even play the guitar when I can't even do the simplest moves."

"I see..."

"But we can still play the guitar. Or well, I play the guitar and you try your new toy there?"

Younghyun shook his head with a soft laugh.

"Or we can just share mine and see what we come up with."

"Are you sure it's fine?"

"Of course, I trust you enough to share my baby;" Jaehyung cut him off.

"Yeah," Younghyun answered back quietly.

The oldest brushed his hair from his face and stretch his arm toward Younghyun.

"Now, stand up!"

Younghyun looked up at him for a little while and gladly grabbed his hand to stand up, keeping it a bit too long in his before he let it go. Jaehyung's heart fastened and he gazed at the younger for a long time as the other didn't look away either.

A very long minute later, Jaehyung was the first one to break the link, taking the hint on how some things between them had this double meaning. It was a bit too noticeable how some moves were not as friendly as they aimed it to be. Taking a grip on himself, he put his hands behind his back and quickly walked to his guitar.