Concealing

hellu~ friends so I had this headcanon where Bokuto has really blemished skin and is insecure about it and trys to cover it up with concealer and foundation

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Bokuto Koutarou has always been an very active and outgoing, but there are actually quite a lot of things that made him insecure.

He couldn't control his mood swings and he hated it, he hated being a bother to his team.

He hated that it seems like he annoyed people around him with his personality and tried to stay calm but knew that he shouldn't change his personality for other people.

But his biggest insecurity has been bothering him since he was little. Bokuto has acne and blemished skin, which he inherited from his mother, she also had problems with acne.

----------

Bokuto descided to boost his confident by covering his acne with foundation, he stole his mother's since their schade was very similar.

He woke up extra early to go to the bathroom and begun to wet the beauty blender and apply the cream foundation on his cheeks, forehead and temples. Lightly pressing the  blender on his skin, he spread the foundation all over his face to make his acne less visible.

He looked in the mirror with a satisfied smile and applied some setting powder with a big, black brush.

After he stumbled downstairs, he gave his mother a peck on her cheek, stuffed a Muffin in his mouth and mumbed "I love you", before he slammed the door shut and left to meet up with his boyfriend of almost a year to go to school together.

----------

"Hey Hey Hey my beautiful, smart, charming, handsome and the most prettiest boyfriend in the world!", Bokuto greeted his boyfriend at the intersection they met every morning.

Akaashi smiled and shook his head. "You're so charming Bokuto." The older boy smiled, he told Akaashi before that he should drop the 'san' and after some practising, he got used to it and never addressed him with honorifics anymore.

"Did you talk to the coach about the practise match yesterday?" Akaashi asked and took a closer look at his boyfriend's face and immediately noticed something.

The red sports on his face that Akaashi adored so much were now a shade lighter and covered with foundation. Keiji frowned but tried to hide his confusion.

'Bokuto never seem to care about his face too much before, why would he cover his acne so suddenly?'

He brushed off the thought and continued to listen to Bokuto, who was still taking about a few changes the coach and him made about the upcoming match.

They both went on with their day, being in different grades meant they didn't get to see each other often.

----------

Having some research work to do in class, Akaashi was looking at an article when he received a notification.

'I'll buy you onigiri from the Cafeteria! Let's eat together on the roof'

The raven haired boy continued to do research with a small smile and the anticipation of eating onigiri.

----------

Bokuto pushed open the heavy door and sat down on the cold ground of the roof, waiting for his boyfriend to join him.

He unlocked his phone  and opened the camera, smiling at the sight. He felt way more comfortable with his acne covered up, he felt more comfortable in his own skin.

The sound of the door being opened made him turn off his phone  and direct his gaze to the door.

Akaashi came closer and smiled as soon as Bokuto looked at him. "Didn't your teacher caught you when you where on your phone?"

He asked and pointed at the phone that was facing the ground, showing a polaroid picture of the young couple in the clear phone case.

"Nope, not this time, I had Konoha covering me up." He said proudly and laughed a little. "Thinking of it, where is the rest of the team?" Akaashi asked and sat down next to Koutarou.

"I told them that I wanted to eat alone with you, I feel like we hadn't had time for each other lately." Akaashi nodded, whiping rice off his face. "The final exams are almost here."

They both sat like this in silense for a few minutes before Akaashi begane to talk again. "Bokuto, can I ask you something?" The addressed man shook his head yes and took a last bite from his sandwich.

"I'm just curious, you don't have to answer, but why are you covering your acne?" Akaashi approached his boyfriend and pointed at his left cheek.

"Is it that obvious?" Akaashi laughed a little and nodded. "It's noticible when you're up close." Bokuto awkwardly smiled and looked down in his hands.

"I feel more comfortable with it. My acne has always bothered me, I already went to a dermatologist but the things they prescribed me didn't really work."

Akaashi took Bokuto's hands in his. "Well, I think you should know that I think that acne and acne scars look really pretty on people and especially handsome on you. But if youre more confident and comfortable with foundation or consealer, I obviously won't stop you. Don't ever cover up for someone other than you."

Bokuto couldn't suppress a smile and squezzed his boyfriend's hands. "Thank you. I really needed that." Keiji simpered.

"You're pretty, with acne or without it. Do wathever you are feeling comfortable with."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Yessss new chapter done. Like I said, it was a headcanon of mine but it's similar to a chapter of MaddieFaith171's haikyuu book. Their writing is really good, so check their book out!

I honestly never struggle with acne or blemished skin but I hope I still found the right words to atleast make a few people feel better about themselves. You're beautiful, with clear skin and without!

Words~900

Have a good well everyone :3

Credits to maddox_rider on Instagram and Twitter!