Splinter Trouble (Cedrick x reader)

"Ow!" I yelled out as the sliver of wood pierced my finger before breaking off just above the surface of my skin.

As soon as my boyfriend, Cedrick, heard my cry, he came running over to see what had happened.

"Babe, are you alright?" That's just like Cedrick, being concerned for me.

I was trying to move some plywood for a video when the splinter decided to implant itself in my skin. I was using the cuffs of the duck onesie I was wearing as a poor attempt for makeshift gloves.

"I'm fine, Sweetie, I just got a splinter."

"Let me help you get it out," Cedrick moved to take my hand so he could get the splinter out.

I jerked my hand back, scared about the process behind getting this small piece of wood out of my flesh. I'm absolutely terrified of needles, and that, for some reason, means I hate having splinters removed. It might have something to do with my parents using sewing needles to help get them out. Mainly they were just trying to catch the needle and bring it more to the surface so tweezers could actually be used to get the splinter out.

"No. I, I don't want you to."

"(Y/n), please, let me help you get the splinter out."

"It's gonna hurt!"

"I promise you it won't hurt, ok?"

I shake my head subtly, but Cedrick takes my other hand and leads me to one of the bathrooms of the island house. When I saw him grab the tweezers, I ran out of the bathroom, Cedrick hot on my heels.

"Hold still (Y/n), or it's going to dig in deeper!"

"No! You're going to push it in deeper!" Tears slid down my cheeks, leaving salty tracks in their wake.

After several laps around the first floor of the island house, Cedrick finally let out a sigh before tackling me onto a nearby couch. His one hand pinned both of mine above my head while his other hand held the tweezers.

"Gotcha!"

"Get off me! Please! It's gonna hurt!" I yelled and squirmed around, trying to escape again, but knowing I was thoroughly stuck this time.

"Babe, I promise you I'm going to be as gentle as I can. Please let me help you. I promise I'll give you ice cream and cuddles afterwards."

Man he knew how to get to me. Sweets and cuddles with my boyfriend, completely wrapped up in blankets. I don't say anything and he took that as affirmation. He helped me up from the couch before leading me back to the bathroom. This time he locked the door and stood in front of it so I couldn't easily escape. Great. He gently took my hand and asked me to tell him about what I was doing today.

"Well, not much," I said, distracted by the tweezers inching closer to the wood in my finger.

"I want to know everything," his brown eyes met mine and instantly I melted. His eyes held actual care for how my day was so far. "How about you tell me a joke?"

I stared up at the ceiling quizzically for a moment. "How about a riddle?" His eyes drifted up to mine yet again before going back to the splinter in my skin. "So, you're driving a bus and at the first stop you pick up five people. At the second stop you pick up two and let off three. At the third stop you pick up six and let off two. At fourth stop-. Ow!"

I stopped my riddle and scream in pain. Cedrick got me with a needle. I saw splinter pinched between the metal of the tweezers, so tiny yet able to cause me so much pain and anxiety. A little blood slipped from the wound and Cedrick grabbed some neosporin and a band aid. He wrapped the band aid around my finger before unlocking the door and picking me up bridal style. He walked to a couch before setting me down and wrapping me up in a massive blanket. He then walked off to the kitchen, coming back five minutes later with my favorite flavor of ice cream. He handed the bowl before cuddling up next to me.

"So, what was the rest of that riddle?" 

"Do you want me to start over, or carry on from where I left off?"

"Start over so I have the best chance of solving it."

"So, you're driving a bus and at the first stop you pick up five people. At the second stop you pick up two and let off three. At the third stop you pick up six and let off two. At fourth stop you pick up four and let off seven." I look at Cedrick and he looks like he's doing the math of all the numbers in his head. Once he looks at me like he's done, I finished, "Who's driving the bus."

He blinked in confusion, clearly not expecting the riddle to go in that direction. "What?"

"Who's driving the bus?"

"What kind of a riddle is that?!" he asked, exasperated.

"An actual one."

"Whatever. That's not a riddle!"

"Sure it is! It's the same logic behind the riddle, 'Mary's father has five kids, Lala, Lele, Lili, and Lolo. What is the name of the fifth daughter?' It gets you thinking along one pattern, then pulls the rug out from under your feet at the end and makes you change your line of thinking." Cedrick blinked at me, clearly not expecting such a deep response. "Now that that's out of the way, can I get cuddles? You promised cuddles."

Cedrick sighed, but a smile was plain in his face. "You want cuddles? I'll give you cuddles."

He threw his arms around my blanket-wrapped body, pushing me onto my back on the couch. He flopped on top of me, not moving.

"Cedrick," I groaned, "you're squishing me!"

"You wanted cuddles, you're getting cuddles."

"This isn't cuddles. This is assault. Just plain assault. You're squishing me!"

"You already said that. And no, I'm not moving."

James walked into the living room from outside and saw Cedrick squishing something wrapped up in a blanket.

"Hey, Cedrick, what are you doing?"

"James! Help! Cedrick's squishing me!"

"(Y/n)? Are you under there?"

"No it's Santa Claus. Of course it's me!"

"You ok?"

"Obviously not! I'm being squished by my boyfriend!"

"Hey Cedrick, ready to record?" Jordan walked into the room, camera in hand.

Cedrick stood up and started to walk away.

"Aww,"

"What's wrong?"

"Do you have to go record?"

"Yes I have to. Plus, I thought I was squishing you."

"You were, but I miss you."

"Don't worry. I'll give you all the cuddles in the world when we're done." He walked back over to me and gave me a sweet kiss on the forehead. "See you soon my precious ducky."