I'm Not the Kind of Girl (Cedrick x reader)

"Hey beautiful. You wanna go on a date with me?"

I rolled my eyes at Cedrick. "No."

"Why not?" he whined.

"Because I don't wanna go out with you."

"But I think you're pretty."

"I'm good, thanks." I swung my backpack over my shoulder and walked away.

To be fair, this wasn't the first time he asked me on a date. For some completely unknown reason, Cedrick keeps asking me if I want to go on a date with him. Every time I turned him down. It's not that I didn't like him. I kind of did. Still, I turned him down every single time.

Next week, the exact same thing happened.

"Are you my heart because I can't live without you."

"I'm your appendix because you can easily live without me."

"Really (Y/n)? Just let me take you out on one date."

"Nope. Sorry Cedrick. No can do. Nice try with the pickup line, though."

I smiled and walked out of the building. I never was going to walk through those doors again. When I got home, my parents told me that we were moving. I couldn't even say goodbye to any of my friends. I had to pack up everything that night and by the next afternoon, I was moving to Odessa. I silently cried the whole way there because I was leaving behind my entire life in Houston. I even missed Cedrick. No one at my new school ever tried to flirt with me the way he did. No one even talked to me there. After I graduated and was applying for colleges, there was one in Houston that caught my attention. I always wanted to go there when I still lived in Houston. Still, I wanted to go back. I sent my application in and got accepted. I was so happy to get in. My parents helped me pack up my car and I drove out to Houston myself for the start of classes.

I loved classes and I loved being back in Houston. Though, I kept looking for Cedrick every so often. I just couldn't seem to help myself. One day, when I was walking back to my apartment, when I saw someone oddly familiar.

"Cedrick? Is that you?"

"(Y/n)? What are you doing back here?"

"I moved back for college."

"You go to college here?"

"Yeah. I was just on my way back to my apartment."

I looked at him as he dropped his head in quiet laughter. His dark hair fell in front of his face and covered his dark eyes. His caramel colored skin looked so good in the sunlight. When he looked back up at me through his curtain of black hair, I blinked hard. Where did that come from?

"I was just thinking, would you like to go out sometime? Just thought I'd ask for old time's sake."

"Sure. I'd love to."-

"A-are you sure?"

"Yeah. I wanna go on a date with you."

"Would tomorrow night work?"

"Yep! What time?"

"Uh, does 8pm work?"

"That sounds lovely."

"See you then."

I smiled as I walked back to my apartment. Cedrick didn't say what we would be doing. Then again, it was short notice. I spent the rest of the night rummaging through my closet, trying to find the perfect outfit to wear. I finally fell into bed later that night, having decided on a light airy sleeveless dress complete with leggings underneath. I fell asleep that night to wild butterflies in my stomach and a sweet warm feeling wrapped around me like a blanket.

I sped through my few classes the next day before rushing back home to get ready for my date with Cedrick. I took a long, careful shower and brushed on a small amount of makeup before hand. Then I sat down on the couch to wait. I looked at the clock. The time read 3:13. I blinked in surprise. I had so much time to kill.

I decided to do homework in the meantime, but I couldn't focus. The butterflies kept making my stomach jump and shift around. I grabbed a small meal for supper then went back to waiting while anxiously playing on my phone. Finally, at 8pm exactly, the doorbell rang. I jumped up to grab it but stopped and brushed down my dress and smoothed my hair. Then I pulled open the door. Cedrick was wearing a light blue sweatshirt with the word Unspeakable across his chest with black jeans and white sneakers.

"You look amazing," Cedrick said after a brief pause where I swear his jaw would have touched the floor if it wasn't attached to his jaw.

"You look pretty good too. So, where are you taking me?"

"I'm about to show you."

Cedrick led me to a park nearby where a small picnic basket sat underneath the starry sky. I absolutely loved it. We stayed out so incredibly late that night that I half expected to see the sun rising from our location on the hill. I checked my phone and it was 3:57.

"Oh my gosh! Cedrick! We've been out here for nearly eight hours!"

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah."

"I should probably get you back home." 

"I like staying out here. The view is awesome."

"Yeah, it is. But still. I should probably get you back home."

"Fine. I'm kinda cold though."

"Here, take this," Cedrick said as he pulled his sweatshirt off. He handed it to me and I slipped it on over the dress. Not too long after, we walked back to my apartment.

"Here. You want your sweatshirt back?"

"No. You can keep it for now. You look cute in it."

I blushed as I turned to the door when he stopped me.

"Why did you not go on a date with me back in high school?"

I sighed and turned back to look at him. "Because I'm not the kind of girl guys fall in love with."