When We're Together (Gabe x reader)

I can't believe I just got married to the man I love most in this world. We just arrived at our reception venue. Everything looks just how we pictured it.

"I can't believe we're married," I sigh as I lean against my husband.

"You'd better believe it. I've always loved you. Now I can spend the rest of my life loving you."

"Are you ready for our first dance?"

"Of course."

We walk out onto the dance floor. I wait for Gabe to walk up to me, asking me to dance. When he does, I take his hand and we start waltzing. The lyrics of our chosen song fill the dance floor.

I lean my head in his chest and whisper, "Do you remember when we first heard this song?"

"Of course. It was senior prom."

I smile at the memory.

I stood by the punch table, anxiously swaying back and forth. My date didn't show up yet and I was getting nervous he bailed on me. Yeah we're not really dating, but he asked me to go to prom with him. I didn't have anyone else to go with so I said yes. Now I regretted that decision.

I had just decided to leave when I bumped into someone. At first I thought it was my date, but one look at his face told me otherwise. He had brown hair, styled perfectly. He even had a beard growing in. Though, the thing I noticed first were his eyes. They were the most magnificent shade of brown I had ever seen. They looked golden in the flashing strobe lights.

"I'm so sorry I didn't see you there," I stuttered out.

"You're good. I'm not wearing your punch, right?" the guy asked while checking his suit jacket.

"No, I didn't have any punch. Sorry, I don't know your name."

"I'm Gabe."

"Oh my gosh we have history together! I'm (Y/n)."

"So that's how I recognized you. I didn't think I could forget that pretty of a face up."

I ducked my head and blushed at his words. No one has ever called me pretty before.

"Did you bring a date?" I asked, mentally slapping myself in the face. Of course Gabe brought a date.

"Actually, mine bailed."

"Mine too. I mean, I didn't really like him anyway, but he still bailed."

"That's rough."

"Oh! There he is over there!" I exclaim. Though, that excitement quickly does when I see he's dancing with someone else. "Oh."

"And that's my date he's with. You know what? How about we spend the rest of the night together? They ditched us. How about we show them we don't need them?"

"That sounds like fun. Better than standing around here all night being miserable."

"Well then, can I have this dance, m'lady?"

"I thought you would never ask."

We moved out onto the dance floor just as a slow song came on. I recognized the song, almost immediately.

"I'll always remember the song that was playing," the speakers play. "The first time we danced, and I knew as we swayed to the music, and held to each other, I fell in love with you."

"You know," Gabe said as we danced, "one day I'm gonna marry you. And this'll be our first dance at our wedding."

I didn't believe him at all and buried my head in his chest. All this was just a dance at senior prom. There was no way we'd actually get married, right?

"You're joking. There's no way we're getting married."

"Just wait and see."

I shake my head, thinking back to that first dance.

"I still can't believe we're married now."

"I told you back then and I'll tell you again. I married you and this song is our first dance."

I smile and let the music move me. "Could I have this dance, for the rest of my life," I start singing.

"Could you be my partner every night," Gabe chimes in.

"When we're together, it feels so right. Could I have this dance, for the rest of my life."