Stop, or I Will Kick You (James x reader)

"Bet you can't catch me!" I yell over my shoulder at James.

We're playing hide and seek at the island house, and James is the seeker. He's just found my hiding spot and I take off running.

"Come back here (Y/n)!" James yells at me as I lead him away from Gabe, who was hiding nearby.

"Make me!" I laugh as I run away, and I'm doing a good job of avoiding James.

"You're gonna eat those words (L/n)!"

We zig zag across the property, him coming close to tagging me many times. I'm doing good until my foot snags on something and I fall to the ground.

"Ow!" I scream as sticks and pine needles poke at my hands. I look over my shoulder and see James still coming up on me. I stand up and try to keep running but my leg doesn't like the weight. I can't stand on my left leg and fall down again.

"(Y/n) are you ok?" James asks as he kneel down next to me.

"I, I don't know. I was running and tripped over something. Now my leg hurts and I can't walk on it. Oh no! Did I break it? I can't have broken it! What am I gonna do?"

"(Y/n), I'm gonna need you to calm down. I don't think you broke your ankle or anything like that. You could have sprained it, but I think it's really because of that," he finishes while pointing at my left knee. Whatever I tripped on scraped my knee up pretty good and it's bleeding now.

"Great. Just great. I'll take care of this. You can keep looking for the others." I turn my head away. Being this close to James is more than I can take for this long. I don't know why, but over the course of me being friends with the boys, James has found a special place in my heart.

"No, I made you trip, I'm gonna fix you up. Think you can make it to the house?"

"I, I don't know," I say as I try to stand up. I place my hand on his arm to push myself up. Once I can stand, I look like a flamingo standing on one leg.

"You want help?" James ask and when I look at him he's smirking. My hand is still on his arm.

"Uh, yeah. Maybe just help me walk?"

He stands close to me on the right side and the close contact is making me blush. He wraps an arm around my back and I flinch a little at the close contact before melting into it. I lay an arm across his shoulders and we start walking.

I look around and see the Gabe and Nathan coming out of their hiding spots. They must have heard the commotion and came to their own conclusions.

"What happened?" Cedrick asks. He was getting footage from a different area and didn't see me fall.

"(Y/n) fell and I'm taking her inside. She hurt her leg pretty bad."

"You need anymore help?" Gabe asks from nearby.

"If I need help, I'll call," James says back. "Y'all can film another video awhile. I just wanna make sure (Y/n)'s alright."

"If you say so," Gabe says, backing away with his hands up.

I look at James's face and I think I catch some jealousy there. Is he jealous that Gabe wants to help me? Why would he be jealous? Does he like me? (Y/n), stop it. There's no way he likes you. He's handsome and attractive and hot and muscular and funny and I'm just me. I'm so lost in my train of thought and we've made our way to the house. James helps me inside and leads me to a bathroom on the first floor. I struggle to sit on the counter top by the sink. James places his hands on my waist and lifts me up. Yeah, I'm definitely blushing now. He opens a nearby cupboard and pulls out hydrogen peroxide, neosporin, and a band-aid. He also grabs a washcloth and makes it wet.