Come with Me (Jordan x reader)

"Hey Sweetie," I greeted my amazing boyfriend, Jordan.

Jordan and I have been dating for almost six months, and they have been the best six months of my life. Jordan is the nicest, sweetest, and most caring guy that I have ever dated. He actually cares about me. Not just my looks, or my friends, or my personality. He loves me for me, both my beauty and my scars.

I was sitting out on the porch of my parents' house on a white porch swing. A nice Texas summer breeze was shifting the leaves around just enough to create an ever-changing kaleidoscope of sun spots. The wind brushed against my (h/l) (h/c) hair, tousling it slightly. My legs moved with the creaking rhythm of the swing, rocking me back and forth. The air smelled like mimosa blossoms from the tree located just off the porch, adding their fragrant scent to the warm summer's day.

That's where Jordan found me when he came up the cobblestone path to the porch steps.

I smiled at seeing him approach, the wind also brushing through his blond hair. Though, his gorgeous blue eyes held something that set me on edge. I couldn't make out what that emotion was. All I knew was how I was feeling. He sat down with a heavy thump that greatly upset my balance. The swing started moving cattywampus with his added weight, and I had to put both of my feet down to stop the movement.

"What's got you all worked up?"

"Nothing," he mumbled, looking away.

"Well obviously something's wrong. Please talk to me, Sweetie. I want to help you, but I can't if you don't talk to me."

"Can we please go to your room first?"

The look in his eyes immediately made me nod my head yes. Whatever this was about was something extremely important. We stood up from the swing, causing it to rock weirdly before coming to a stop. As the screen door opened, I traded the sweet scent of mimosa blossoms to the scent of fresh laundry and the faint stench of gasoline on my father's jeans.

Jordan and I walked past the kitchen island, where my mother was starting to make supper. She smiled and waved at Jordan and I as we passed. Both of my parents absolutely adore Jordan. He's the only boyfriend I've had that my dad actually likes. Let alone tolerates.

"Hey, son," my dad greeted as Jordan and I walked past the living room. "Where are you two kids off to?"

"My room. Jordan wants to talk to me about something."

"Door stays open."

"DAD!! It's private!"

"All the more reason to keep the door open."

"Jordan wants to tell me something in private. It's kinda important."

I made puppy dog eyes at my dad and he finally cracked. "Fine. Door MUST be cracked."

"Yay! Thank you Dad! You're the best dad ever!" I ran over to him and wrapped my arms tightly around him.

"Yeah, yeah," he muttered, but I knew he actually cared about me. I felt him pat my arm affectionately before saying, "Alright, now scram. The both of ya."

I laughed and led Jordan to my room, which he's been in before.

"Don't mind the mess," I told him as I kicked away a random t-shirt before picking it up and throwing it in my hamper.

He sat down heavily on the edge of my bed. "(Y/n), I have something to tell you."

"What is is Sweetie?" I asked, perching myself right beside him on my bed.

"I got the job offer."

I stared at him, eyes wide in disbelief before squealing at the top of my lungs.

Jordan has been dreaming to work for his friend Nathan's YouTube channel as a cameraman. Jordan loves cinematography and film making for as long as I have known him. And him being able to work for his best friend while also doing what he loves would be that dream come true.

"I'm so happy for you Sweetie!" I yelled. However, when I looked over at Jordan, his face didn't share my excitement.

"(Y/n), it's in Houston."

My smile immediately dropped. He was leaving? Houston is almost two hours away from where we both live. From where I live. Was he really going to leave me?

"Well, what did you tell him?"

"I told him I'd take it."

"What?! You took it knowing you'd be two hours away from where I live? Did you even consider our relationship?"

"I did (Y/n), and you know this has been my dream for years. I wouldn't have done this if I thought we couldn't handle it."

"But why did you say yes? I know you've wanted that job for awhile, but why didn't you tell me? When do you leave?"

Jordan looked down, suddenly gaining an intense interest with his shoes. "I leave tomorrow."

I choked out a sob. A lone tear traced a salty track from my eye down my cheek. Jordan used his thumb to wipe away the tear, his hand lingering on my face longer than it should have.

Finally I couldn't stand the unanswered question in my heart. "What about us?" I whispered out.

Jordan's face made me break down completely. Tears freely ran down my face and I made no attempt to stop them. I was too scared that my boyfriend was about to leave me over a job.

"What about us?" he parroted back.

"What do you mean 'What about us'!" I yelled as I stood up from where I was sitting on my bed. I started pacing and wildly waving my hands back and forth. "We're dating! I love you! I can't just see you walk out that door knowing I might never see you again. I love you Jordan and nothing will ever change that! So if you want to go to Houston that's fine. Just say it. Tell me this was never going to work out."

By the end of my hysterics, I've lost the anger and all that is left in my heart is sadness. Jordan stood up and placed his palms on my cheeks.

"No. I'm asking you to come with me."

"...What?"

"I can't do this without you (Y/n). You mean the world to me and I can't afford to lose you. I can't imagine any of this happening without you by my side."

"But, but what will my parents think? They won't let me move two hours away with some guy I've been dating for a few months! They'll never allow it!"

"For the record, it's been six months. And, what if I wasn't your boyfriend?"

"What? So you are breaking up with me?"

"No. I want you to be my fiancee." He knelt down on one knee and pulled a box from his pocket. My hands immediately covered my mouth in shock.

"(Y/n), I love you so much and I don't know what I'd do without you in this next chapter of my life. So, will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

Tears were once again flowing down my face, but they were no longer tears of sadness. They were tears of joy.

"Yes!" I choked out between sobs. "Yes I will marry you!"

Jordan picked me up and spun me around before planting a passionate kiss on my lips. He set me down and slid the ring onto my finger where I watched it sparkle in the light.

"What are my parents going to think?"

"We'll deal with that later. For now, I'm just so happy we are going to get married."

Jordan shifted so he was behind me, his hands gently resting on my hips.

"I love you future Mrs. Rhodes."

"I love you too future Mr. Rhodes."