Lost (Cedrick x reader)

"Where are we?" I looked over my shoulder, hoping to see my husband, Cedrick, behind me. He wasn't there. "Cedrick? Where are you!"

"(Y/n)!"

The far-off voice of my husband made my heart skip a beat.

"Cedrick?! Where are you?"

"I'm down here!" he yelled back.

I peered over the edge of the cliff. Cedrick was laying on the ground, holding his arm against his side. "What happened?"

"I slipped off the edge. I think I broke my arm."

"I'm coming down," I told him before slowly picking my way down the cliff. I made it down next to him and could finally see the extent of his broken arm. It was twisted at an odd angle and it made me sick to look at.

"I'm sorry Doll," Cedrick said from the ground. "It's bad enough we're lost in the forest. Now I have a broken arm."

"It's fine Love. I almost didn't see it til I was right on top of it."

"Still, how are we going to get out of here alive? We were just supposed to have a nice weekend camping and now we're at the bottom of a cliff."

"Love, now's not the time to be cynical. Everyone knows where we were going. If we're not back by tomorrow, they're going to come looking for us."

"They don't even know where we are. We don't even know where we are. This stupid island is taking everything from us."

What he said was true. Our first day on the island, our boat's gas was stolen. That evening, I fell into a small area of quicksand. Cedrick had to pull me out and I wanted to leave soon after that. The only problem was, we couldn't. We were stuck on the island with almost no way off. Our only way off was a boat with no gas. It could float, but we couldn't steer it.

"We might have to try the boat."

I looked down at my husband. "Are you sure we can even get anywhere? We don't have any gas."

"We'll have to try and row it."

"I'm not sure how effective that would be."

"It's our only shot. Maybe if we get somewhere with service, I can call Nathan and get him to come."

"My phone got eaten by the quicksand, and I'm not sure yours survived the fall." I grabbed his phone from where it was beside him on the ground. The screen was shattered. He couldn't use his phone either.

"What do we do now?" Cedrick asks from below me.

"Hope."

A few days after Cedrick fell down the cliff, we ended back up at the boat. He definitely broke his arm and I had to keep an eye on him. We set off on the boat the next day, after I had gathered as much food and other necessary supplies as the boat could safely hold. We set out on the open water, hoping to make it to one of the other islands in the archipelago. We jump from island to island until we reach the last one. Beyond that is just open ocean. I grabbed as much food and other necessary resources. I had splinted Cedrick's arm, hoping to keep his arm still as we sailed. I had managed to string a blanket that we had brought with us over Cedrick to keep him out of the sun. I, on the other hand, was constantly out in the sun, trying to steer the boat, make sure Cedrick was comfortable, and keep a lookout for any passing boats or aircraft.

One day, I saw a boat passing by. I started yelling, waving my arms, everything I could think of. Cedrick woke up and joined in my yelling. When the boat got closer, I saw it was made of Legos. Nathan came looking for us. When the boat saw us, they started yelling as well. When the Lego boat pulled up, I started crying at finally being back with my closest friends. We tethered out boat to theirs and made our way back to civilization. Apparently, the island we were on at the end of the archipelago had a resort on the opposite side of the island. They towed us back to the resort and I immediately used Nathan's phone to call an ambulance for Cedrick. We were taken to the hospital in an ambulance and went to the hospital.

"I can't believe we survived all of that," Cedrick told me that night in the hospital room. We all agreed to go back to Houston as soon as Cedrick could fly safely.

"I can't believe it either. I survived a quicksand trap and you survived a tumble down a cliff."

"They're letting you stay here, right?"

"Yeah. I got a nice closet set up next door. It's honestly pretty chill compared to the boat and wherever we slept on that island."

"Don't even get me started on that island," Cedrick grumbled, fists gripping the sheets of the hospital bed.

"Hey, that's all behind us now. We're safe, and in a few days, we'll be back home. Everything will be fine after that."

"If you say so, Honey."