All Because I Overslept (Cedrick x reader)

Oh, I was late. I'm so late! I overslept at my hotel room and was late for my connecting flight. The wheels of my suitcase roll quickly down the tile floor of the airport as I run. My coat is bunched up around me, making it difficult to pull my suitcase. I was staying in Minnesota for the night so I could take my connecting flight to Oregon. I was vacationing in Canada and got back into the states late last night. I needed to get on my connecting flight back home. I get to my gate and catch the end of a flight attendant's announcement.

"Thank you for your cooperation."

"Excuse me, what was that announcement about?" I ask one man standing next to me.

"Snow's not letting up. Can't let planes fly."

"What?" I ask. What he told me makes no sense.

"Look lady, I ain't got time to explain it to you." He growls at me before turning and leaving me standing there.

I look out the window and see snow rapidly falling down. It was snowing this morning, but I didn't think it was going to be this bad. My shoulders drop as I see the snow, coating the runway quickly. In the glass, I see the reflection of a flight attendant and turn to ask her what is going on.

"Excuse me, what happened to the connecting flight from Ottawa to Salem?"

"Sorry Miss. The snowstorm is too severe for us to take off now. May I see your ticket?" I pull my ticket out of my suitcase pocket and show her the ticket. "There's another one leaving tomorrow. We can offer you a hotel room, but all the hotels in the area are booked because of the storm."

"What am I going to do then?"

"Because of the delay, we are allowing people to stay in the airport for the night."

"Great," I grumble under my breath. Just what I wanted, to sleep in an airport. "Is there anywhere nearby that I can get a bite to eat?"

"There's a restaurant just down the hall from this terminal."

"Thank you." I sigh and start walking down the halls to the food area. My suitcase wheels bump along the ground as I walk, adding a melancholy feeling to the movie that's playing out in my mind. I get to the food area and claim a table. I push my suitcase under the table and drop my coat on the back of a chair. Looks like there's a McDonald's nearby so I walk up and place an order. I turn around and wait for my food to be done when I see someone taking my suitcase from under my table. "Hey! Get away from my suitcase!"

The man hears me and starts running with my suitcase in tow. I run after him, calling him a thief and demanding he give me back my suitcase. We exit the food area and come to what looks like another terminal. I start yelling again so people here know he stole my suitcase.

"Help! He stole my suitcase!" I point at the man in front of me.

As I'm running, a guy turns around to see what the commotion is about. The thief rams into him, knocking both of them to the ground. The thief loses his grip on my suitcase. He stands up and takes off running, leaving my suitcase where it fell.

"Are you ok?" I ask the guy who unknowingly stopped my suitcase from getting stolen.

Now that I can see him close up, he has caramel colored skin and dark brown eyes. "I guess. You ok?"

"I'm not the one that just got knocked over by some random guy."

"Yo Cedrick, you ok?" I look up and see four guys walking up to us.

"Who's she?" another one speaks up.

"I'm good. Got blindsided by a guy running. He stole her suitcase," he says gesturing to me. "I didn't catch your name."

"I'm (Y/n). What's yours?"

"I'm Cedrick, and these are Nathan, Jordan, Gabe, and James," Cedrick says while motioning to each guy when he says their name.

"Well, it was nice to meet you guys." I go to grab my suitcase and start to walk away.

"Hey! Do you know where the terminal for Salem, Oregon?" I turn around and see Cedrick was talking to me.

"Yeah. That's where I'm heading. Hate to break it to you, but it's canceled til tomorrow. The snow's falling too much."

"Well, what do you guys wanna do now?" Cedrick asks the group he's travelling with.

"Wanna get food?" one speaks up, who's name I think is Nathan.

"I came from a McDonald's just down the hall. I got food before my suitcase got stolen. Wanna head back there?"

"Sure. Why not?" Cedrick turns to his group before they all start following me to the restaurant.

When we get there, I grab my food, which was ready, and sit down at my table with my coat. Once the guys have their food, they sit down with me and we start talking.

"So, what are you guys doing going to Salem?" I ask, trying to make some light conversation.

"We're gonna go hang out with Zach King. He's gonna show us some magic and we wanna learn some of it," the one I think is Nathan speaks up.

"Wow, that's cool. I do like Zach King's videos. So, do you guys have a YouTube channel?"

"Yeah. It's Unspeakable."

"Unspeakable?" I say, trying to remember the name.

"Yeah. Nathan actually runs it. Jordan and I are just the camera men."

I look at Cedrick as he speaks. "I think you're an amazing camera man. I might just have to subscribe right now." I pull out my phone and make a big deal of clicking the subscribe button.

"We got another subscriber on the channel!" The guys all start cheering and I join in.

We spend the rest of the day together, me feeling closer to Cedrick. Probably because he got my suitcase back. Anyway, through the big glass windows in the airport terminal, the sky gets darker as the sun dips beneath the horizon. Still, the snow falls down. I don't even know if we're gonna be able to leave tomorrow. I sit in a chair and curl up underneath my coat. My head leans to the side and I hit a shoulder. I open my eyes and see my head landed on Cedrick's shoulder. I go to move it, but Cedrick pats my head with his hand, telling me it's ok to lay on his shoulder. After the events of the day, I keep a firm grip on my suitcase, scared someone's gonna try to steal it from me. I curl up into Cedrick's side, relaxing after a crazy day.