Missing Statue (Gabe x reader)

There was a legend in Dallas Texas. A young girl in the sixteenth century was turned to stone. The girl had (h/l) (h/c) hair and breathtaking (e/c) eyes. She was wearing a silky white dress and had her hair pulled back from her face. She had a hand out in front of her, in a futile attempt to block the spell. Her other hand was clamped around the collar of her dress. The witch was clearly disdained with the girl, though no one knows why. In short, the witch turned her to stone, destining her to stay that way until she was touched by her one true love. And that's the way she stayed, until one day....

The guys and I are walking through Dallas, Texas with Preston and Bri. Sure, we've been to Dallas many times, but we've never explored this area. Plus, Preston and Bri really want to show us something. So, here we are, walking through a cool area through downtown Dallas. The streets are lined with shops and all sorts of good food. After a little while of walking, we come across the town square.

"What's this?" I ask, wondering why there was a statue of a girl in the town square.

"It's a legend that the girl was turned to stone by some witch in the sixteenth century. Legend has it that she will become human again once she finds her true love," Brianna fills me in. "It's a common legend around here."

I look back and see people taking selfies with the statue, either high-fiving her outstretched hand, pretending to be turning her to stone, trying to save her, or hugging her from behind. "Why are they taking selfies with the statue?"

"It's a tourist attraction. People take selfies with the statue for laughs. Some do it to see if she's their soulmate. Others just use it like the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Just for a cool photo."

"Well, should we try it! What say you guys? Wanna get a selfie with the statue?" Nathan asks. Everyone nods, and I do too. It would be fun to get a cool photo from Dallas.

Nathan decides he's going to take a selfie first, and makes it look like the girl's hand is resting against his head. He then proceeds to make a shocked face, like she moved and placed her hand on his head. Jordan and James grabbed a backpack and use forced perspective to make it look like the statue was in the backpack. Jordan was wearing it, and James was acting like he was trying to get her in the backpack. Cedrick heads over next. He walks up and stands next to her, like he's showing her something on his phone. Finally it's my turn.

I walk up and look at her scared face, etched in marble. I place my hand behind her, and look at the camera. Suddenly, the statue becomes warm, unlike the cool marble before. I turn to look at the statue and see an actual girl next to me. She's about to pass out, and I quickly catch her. Then I hear the camera snap.

I look over the girl's features, taking it all in. She has a flowy stone dress that hugs her shoulders and slowly opens up halfway down her upper arms. The sleeves loosely hang around her arms. Her hair is pulled back and decorated with cascades of pearls. In short, she looks even more beautiful than she did as a marble statue.

"Uh, Gabe?" Brianna speaks up. "What did you do?"

I look up from the girl in my arms and take in the surroundings. Everyone in the area has stopped what they're doing and is staring at us. At me. Even cars are starting to stop to see what's going on.

"We've gotta leave. Where's the car?" I don't care if people are staring. I just don't want anything to happen to the girl passed out in my arms. I adjust her in my arms and pick her up bridal style. I jog down the steps to where everyone else is standing. As we exit the park, people start applauding. They're applauding me for saving her. Quickly, we get out of the park and start sprinting to the car. Bri took off her heels before running, and I can't blame her. We get in the car and start driving away. I don't know if people are going to be mad or what, but I don't wanna stick around and find out.

We get back to Preston and Bri's house. I carry the girl inside and lay her down on a couch. She's stayed unconscious since I turned her human again. The thought strikes me hard. I turned her back into a human. I am her soulmate. That thought sends my head spinning and I almost black out too. Then, I hear a female voice.

"W-who are you?"

I look back to the couch and see the girl with her gorgeous (e/c) eyes open. I can barely get my brain to form words.

"I-I'm Gabe. I'm, uh, the one that saved you?"

I don't know why that came out as a question. It's the reality of the situation. I turned her back to human. I'm her soulmate.

"Oh. Does that mean I'm your soulmate?"

Her big (e/c) eyes have me weak in the knees.

"Yeah, I guess it does."

She looks down and blushes, and I can't help but think she looks beautiful. The way the sun is hitting her gorgeous hair makes her look even more pretty, if that was even possible.

"So, do you want to change or want something to eat?"

"Uh, sure, I guess? Is there anyone else here I can share clothes with?"

"Bri! Can you come in here?" I hollered over my shoulder.

"Yeah, what do you need?" She walks in and sees the girl awake on the couch. "You want some new clothes?"

She nods, curling in on herself. I rest a hand on her shoulder and she relaxes a bit. 

"So, what is your name?" I ask, turning back to her.

"My name's (Y/n). What's yours?"

"My name's Gabe."