12. just another sunday

Y/N's POV

i stood at the front doorsteps of the miya residence with a box of chutoro, also known as fatty tuna, or as atsumu would call it, his favorite food. i'm sure that if i just asked him to play along with this whole double date thing, he would, but i'd feel bad.

it had been two days since the practice, and since then, i have responded to the text messages, created a groupchat without atsumu in it because i still need to talk with him, and then completely abandoned my phone. i'm certain there are texts just waiting to be answered, but those can wait.

i knock on the door and wait for someone to open it. their car's in the driveway so i know someone's home. a moment later, the door opens and osamu stands before me in shorts and a hoodie. he looks a little surprised, and smirks when he sees the box of fatty tuna in my hand.

"y/n, i know you said you and atsumu weren't dating, but this isn't very convincing," he gestures.

"don't be dumb, i brought something for you too," i reply, taking out a thing of seasonings that he's talked about wanting. osamu lets our a small gasp.

"you didn't," he mutters, taking it from my hand and inspecting it. when he's done looking at the label, he pretends to wipe a tear from his eye and puts his hand to his heart. "i will remember this moment forever."

"you're sounding like atsumu, so dramatic." i laugh. "anyways, are you two busy, because this is kinda urgent."

osamu turns serious again and shakes his head. "we're not, come in," he steps aside, letting me walk into the living room. i follow osamu into their recreational area, aka their basement, and see atsumu laying on a mat carefully setting a ball at different heights.

i set the chutoro on the table and make myself comfortable on the beanbag. a serious topic doesn't need to be discussed in a serious manner.

"hey y/n!" atsumu greets, still setting the ball.

"get up, y/n bought you food," osamu kicks his brother's side, taking a seat on the couch. atsumu catches the ball and sits up, looking around and seeing the chutoro. he widens his eyes and squeals.

"how'd you know i was hungry?" he asks, grabbing and opening the box.

"well, i figured i should bring you something if i'm gonna force you to go on a double date with me," i say as casually as possible, looking up at the ceiling. i feel the boys whip their heads in my direction, their eyes staring.

"what?" they ask in unison. i let out a nervous chuckle, shrugging.

"ah well, you know, i just kinda told kara- sato- i'd set her up with suna, so while you two were arguing i blurted that we'd go on a double date and now they totally think i'm dating atsumu- which i'm not," i say pointedly at osamu, taking a breath. "but uh, yeah!"

the twins share a look, and then atsumu speaks.

"why'd you set sato up with suna?"

i take a moment to think out my words, and respond. "her and i used to be best friends, and i just- i guess i didn't want to disappoint her, so when she asked me, i agreed. and it's not like suna's dating anyone, right, so no issue there."

the twins share a look.

"well..." atsumu shoots his brother a glare and subtly shakes his head.

"what?" i press.

"did suna actually agree to this? he just doesn't seem like he'd be into that sort of thing."

"yeah he did, as long as he got to choose the location," my face contorts into a grimace. perhaps he has already chosen the location and texted the groupchat, but i hadn't cared to check. "he also thinks atsumu and i are actually a thing."