4. before the rematch

Y/N's POV

i was not needed at this practice, AT ALL. it was fun watching the boys get all competitive though. you could probably feel that competitive flame from a mile away.

when the practice finally ended, i went outside and waited for suna. i know that atsumu said that he wouldn't beg me to stay after again, but i'm sure he would've anyways if i stayed inside.

i watch the other guys on the team exit from the gym, waving to me as they left. seeing third years who knew of me was kinda scary, but i waved back nonetheless.

a few minutes later, suna saunters out with the inarizaki maroon jacket and grey sweatpants on. no gym bag though. he walks over and nudges me to begin walking in the same direction as him.

"wait," i stop in my steps, pulling his jacket to get him to stop too.

suna's eyes pierce mine. "what?" he asks.

"staring contest?" i mention, a little confused. where was he intending to go to?

the boy in front of me lets out a small laugh, shaking his head. "are you not available tonight?"

"hm?" i furrow my eyebrows, still befuddled. "i mean, i am. i just thought we were having a staring contest though?"

suna raises his hands, shrugging. "hey, if you just wanna have a staring contest with me and go home, fine. but, i was hoping to have some fun with miss goody-two-shoes."

i widen my eyes, feeling heat rush to my cheeks. fun? what's his definition of fun?

he claps in front of me, causing my eyes to flutter shut.

"well, i won," he says, shoving his hands in his pockets. "i can walk you home if you'd like though. the twins are staying back themselves."

huh?

"y/n?" he speaks after a few moments go by with no response from me.

"sorry uh," i shake my head, snapping out of the confused state. "no, that didn't count. show me your idea of 'fun.'"

suna gives a look of surprise, but quickly wipes it away with a smirk.

"let's go then," he instructs, walking beside me. we walk in silence, but it wasn't the awkward silence from earlier in the day.

the sky is a beautiful orange-pink, a result of the sun setting. i look up more than i look down, using my peripheral and spacial awareness to guide my steps.

we pass by people, and people pass by us. when i finally refocus on the area around us, i notice that we're near a sushi place.

"you hungry?" suna asks beside me.

"you're the one who's been running around and burning calories," i respond. if food was his idea of fun, i wasn't opposed to it.

"let's go in then," he decides, pushing the front door open. we enter the semi-busy building, which is a lot bigger than i expected. i hear game sounds coming from somewhere, but i don't see anything. it looks like a normal restaurant.

a server brings suna and i to a table and gives us each a menu. i flip through, looking at the options. i notice that suna's on his phone, not even opening the menu.

"whatcha getting?" i ask him.

his fingers move like they're typing something on his phone, and then he turns it off and puts it facedown on top of the table.

"sake temaki."

"that sounds good," i nod, looking back at the options. "california rolls..." i mutter.