3. staring contest

Y/N's POV

the next day came quick, and my alarm was up and blaring, waking me up at 6am. I groan, shutting it off and laying in bed for a minute.

if i continue to lay here any longer, i'll just fall back asleep.

with that, i get up and get ready. i go through the usual morning routine — brush teeth, change, eat breakfast, brush hair, and pack my bag. however, i was unable to complete that last part.

right. i left my bag at suna's. i fell asleep earlier than i would've last night because i couldn't do my school work. it was in my school bag.

my phone buzzes, a few texts popping up on my screen. i unlock the phone and read the messages from an unknown number.

UNKNOWN
> hey
> atsumu said u were freaking out
> dont worry goody two shoes, i'll bring your bag to school
> im in the same class as those dumbasses

three dots appear, meaning that he was still typing.

UNKNOWN
> it's suna btw
> and dont worry
> i didnt rummage through your things

> or did i lol

i enter suna's contact into my phone and begin typing a response.

ME
> Thank you! And you better not have !
> Sorry for the bother, I completely forgot :(
> Also, Atsumu said I was freaking out? What'd he say exactly? He has a tendency to exaggerate things haha.

in all honesty, atsumu probably wasn't exaggerating. i sent the twins some panicked texts and called them. i'm sure i sounded like a blubbering idiot over the phone - stuttering, sounding frantic, explaining all the possible outcomes of what could happen if i did not conplete my assignments.

yeah... maybe i was a little dramatic. i blame it on atsumu's influence.

with nothing else i could do, i leave my empty house and head for school.

//

I head straight to suna's classroom, where my bag was. there was still plenty of time before classes would begin, but my homework! i needed to at least look over it!

suna sat at his desk, zoning out at the board. the twins weren't here yet, which was good. all they'd do is tease me or get me caught up in their conversations, leaving no time to get to my class.

"ah! thank you so much," i huff, walking towards the boy. he looks over at me, breaking out from whatever space he was in.

"yeah, no problem," suna mumbles, leaning back in his chair. i open the bag while it's still on his desk and look through, making sure everything was there. "like i said, i didn't go through it."

i zip the bag close and throw it over my shoulders.

"just making sure!" i smile, happy that i've reunited with this thing. it had my wallet, school stuff, journal, and some snacks in it after all.

"mhm," suna and i watch each other with an awkward tension between us. i feel my eyes getting dry, but i notice that he hasn't blinked yet either.

do i blink to end this? i have to go, but i also want to study his eyes a little longer. what do to, what to do?

a smirk dances on his lips now, making my heart thump a little harder.