2. icecream and to-go ramen

Y/N's POV

the car bumped to some katy perry, courtesy of maki. she screamed the lyrics of "fireworks", forcing her brother to sing along. i don't think he actually sang, but he did happen to mouth the words perfectly.

suna taps his finger on the steering wheel to the beats, moving his head to the music every once in a while. atsumu sat in the front seat while osamu, maki, and i sat in the back. it was still pretty early in the night, only being 9pm or so. however, i still had homework to get to.

the song was coming to an end, and what perfect timing it was. suna was pulling into the parking lot of a mall. i didn't go to the mall too often, and i'm pretty sure that i've never been to this one. we waited for the song to completely finish before exiting the vehicle.

i felt a hand grab onto mine and saw maki grasping onto it. she looked straight ahead though, skipping cheerfully towards the entrance.

"y/n, let me show you the icecream shop!" she exclaims, pulling me. i walk a little faster, easily keeping up with her small steps. the boys followed behind us, talking amongst themselves.

"what's your favorite flavor?" i ask the child.

"cookies n cream," she answers, fully focused on getting to the icrecream shop. when we get to the icecream place, maki waits for her brother and friends to catch up. they weren't all that far behind, but they were sure taking their sweet time with walking.

i look around the area, seeing if i recognized any of the stores. of course, there were the name brand ones that were in every mall, but there were some smaller ones i've never heard of.

"let's go!" maki pulls me inside the icecream shop and presses against the glass, looking at the flavors. her eyes sparkle as if she had just found gold. suna's the only one that enters behind us.

"what would you like today?" the person at the counter asks.

"one scoop of cookies 'n cream please! with cone!" maki orders. the order is inputted and the person at the counter looks at us, waiting for our orders. i step aside, letting suna order.

"one scoop butter-pecan cone please," suna says. he taps me on the shoulder. "not an icecream fan?"

i smile sheepishly and shake my head. "it's not that, it's just..." i trail off. "i haven't had dinner yet, and it doesn't feel right to eat a dessert without having a main meal, you know?" that was probably a stupid reason, but i just didn't like breaking routine.

"that'll be all," he tells the cashier, handing him his card. he turns back to me as the transaction is being made. "are you hungry?" i shake my head, lying. my stomach growls, going against my actions. great timing, y/n.

suna glances at my abdominal area and smirks. "your stomach says otherwise."

"here you are," the cashier hands him his card and goes to get the orders.

"we can grab some food after this," he says, turning around before i could protest. he thanks the cashier and grabs his butter-pecan cone and maki's cookies n cream, and goes to join her at a table she's occupied. i take a seat across the siblings.

"where'd the twins go?" i ask.

"went to go to the shoe place. what are you feeling for dinner?" suna smoothly changes the topic, enjoying his icecream.

"i already had dinner. mom made me eat before we left," maki tells her brother.

i shake my head. "i'm not all that hungry, really. besides, i should probably go home soon. my parents might be worried," i try to convince him, knowing that he was probably only doing this because of my stupid stomach.