1. miss goody-two-shoes

(lowercase intended)

Y/N's POV

"atsumu, that set looked like a hair off," i tease, grabbing another ball from the ball bin. as usual, the twins dragged me along to help them practice.

"my set wasn't off, it was osamu's slow ass that made it look off. samu, stop sucking so badly," atsumu jeered at his brother, who shot him a glare.

"why don't we switch and let's see who really sucks, huh?" i notice the blond haired boy clench his jaw, as well as his fists.

"don't fight, please," i groan. "this happens every. single. time." the twins look at me and their faces soften.

"sorry y/n. just a few more and we'll be done for the night," osamu tells me. i nod and make a gesture to signal that i was to toss up the ball. as i'm about to release, the door connecting to the locker room opens, stopping me.

"keeping y/n back again, huh?" the soft voice captures all our attentions, but the faces of the two boys near me hold a frightened expression. "y/n, you can say no to them you know," kita says. i know he means well, but it just sounds like he's scolding me.

"i'm aware, but it was my choice. promise," i assure him. "and why are you still here?"

"to make sure those two didn't stay back too late. clean up and go home," kita shrugs off his volleyball bag and walks over to the poles of the net. "suna, come help."

the boy who was sitting near the door, probably waiting for the twins, looks up from his phone and groans. osamu has already gone and shagged the balls on the other side of the net, and atsumu waits for the net to be taken off the poles.

i wanted to tell kita that he didn't have to stay and help, but i know that he wouldn't listen. he helps takes down the net after every practice, and breaking routine for him is bad. very bad.

let's just say that broken routine kita is not a happy kita.

i wait patiently by the storage room's door with the ball cart as the boys bring in the poles and nets. atsumu with the net first, then comes kita with a pole, and lastly comes suna with the other pole.

after suna comes out, he holds the door open for me as i put the cart back in.

"thanks," i say, locking the door after coming out. i feel suna's presence behind me, waiting. it sent shivers down my spine just knowing he was watching me so intently. once i've finished, he walks with me as we make our way towards the boys at the exit door.

"make sure you guys get some rest tonight," kita warns, leaving first. i motion for the twins and suna to go out so i can turn off the lights and lock the exit door.

"well, you guys heard kita. go home, have a good meal, shower, and sleep."

the boys before me exchange suspicious glances.

"what?" i cock an eyebrow, confused. the twins continue communicating with their eyes, causing suna to let out a heavy sigh.

"y/n wouldn't be interested. miss goody-two-shoes probably has homework to do," he says towards the boys before turning towards me. "right?"

i drop my mouth slightly, a bit offended. "n-no," i stutter, lying.

"so you wanna come over?" the words come out of suna's mouth so casually. i didn't know much of suna's character, but i knew that the boys hung out quite frequently. i wasn't too interested in their extra-curriculars with each other.

"see?" suna's redirected his attention towards the twins again. "her silence is a big no. come on," he begins walking the opposite direction of us.