39.

"People usually lock the door when they do something like this. Or do it in their own room..."

"People usually knock before they enter a room. Besides, it's technically Arisa's office so it counts as her room."

I wanna die. I wanna die so bad. I want the floor to open up beneath me and swallow me whole. How can I ever look him in the eye again?!

Meian walked into us.

This was by far the most uncomfortable walk out of the main building I've ever had. Side by side, we walked in the direction of the cafeteria, neither looking at the other. The two boys, one next to me each, looked straight ahead while I just paid attention to the floor in front of me, watching as one foot after another hit the floor. Luckily, everyone was eating at the moment, and thus no one was in the hallway to follow our conversation.

"Shōyō wanted to go in because he forgot his report. Shōyō! Imagine if he had seen you doing that. He probably would have fainted. I told him I'd go get it because I saw you two lagging behind. I thought you guys were going to flirt a little--not straight up...well."

"God. Cut the crap. Hinata's old enough to know how having sex works. Besides, we weren't even into it. You interrupted us while I was going down her boob-"

"OH MY GOD! CAN WE QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT!?" With my head flushed bright red, I stopped. My face nevertheless turned towards the floor. I hadn't meant to sound so energetic, but it was so incredibly embarrassing, and they just wouldn't stop talking about it!

"I'm so freaking uncomfortable about this! Can we just pretend this never happened!? And stop talking about the goddamn details!" It gushed out of me as I looked up for the first time in shame.

Both boys had also stopped moving and were looking at me. There was a distinct blush on Meian's cheeks and ears, while Kiyoomi merely looked at me bored, as if this was something ordinary.

Meian and I looked away from each other at the same time. He was probably just as embarrassed by the whole thing as I was. "Sure." After his curt reply, he turned around, continuing to walk.

My gaze flitted to Kiyoomi, who looked at me unimpressed before following Meian's lead and carrying on walking. He probably didn't seem to mind being caught. At least not as much as me.

We came to a stop in front of the cafeteria entrance, where Meian turned to us once again, quietly saying, "I understand that you're at the stage where you can barely stop falling over each other, but next time, just do it in your rooms." 

I didn't know what was worse. The fact that Meian thought we were in a phase, which made me wonder what kind of image he even had of this relationship between Kiyoomi and me. Or rather, the fact that he was even talking about such a thing with us.

"Noted," Kiyoomi replied shortly, at which point Meian finally rushed into the dining hall after an awkward silence.

As soon as he was out of sight, I exhaled deeply, only realizing how tense the situation made me feel. My eyes fell on Kiyoomi next to me, whose slightly raised cheeks, which the mask that had been put back on could not hide, told me what his thoughts on the situation was.

With narrowed eyes, I took a step closer. "I don't believe it! You think this is fucking funny?"

"A little?" he admitted cavalierly.

Stunned, I glared at him for a moment's pause before, without another word, I turned and continued walking down the hallway.

This was just too much for me. The whole day had been awful.