12.

"Ay, Dios mio. This is... intense."

Nodding, I agreed with the manager - Thiago, as it turned out - of the home-based team. We had been watching the games of the different teams together, while both of us made notes in order to better analyse the respective teams.

His team was on break. Since there were five of them, one of the teams always had a break, where they could train individually or watch the other players.

We had been busy making our notes until our team had to compete against the Tōrus.

Right from the start, both Kiyoomi and Atsumu, as well as Tōru, were streaming a dark aura that spread across the entire battlefield. It was almost frightening.

Trembling, Thiago drove over his arms. "Brr. I' m glad I don't have to be on this court."

It was Tōru's turn to serve and for the first time since I became the boys' manager, I was afraid for them.

I had seen Toru play a few times before, but that was nothing compared to what he was delivering right now. He seemed to be in top form. Determined to stomp our team into the ground.

His team had already won the first set, 19:25 - in which six of the points were scored by Tōrus serves. The second set was ours, but with a 38:36, which means they were now completely exhausted. The third set was in full swing, with a score of 20:22. And luckily for us, Bokuto was going through one of his emo moods right now with Tōru serving. Unfortunately, we had already taken our two timeouts for this round.

The shrill whistle let Tōru know that he was allowed to serve.

With a big run up, he tossed the ball up, jumped and hit it with such force that I hoped he wouldn't hit any of the guys.

The ball was aimed directly at Atsumu. With this he certainly wanted to keep him from setting, but Atsumu didn't even have a chance as the ball shot out of the field from his forearms. Oh God, I hope his arms are okay.

Consumed with pain, I pulled a face while I ran myself over my forearms. "It already hurts just by watching them."

In the end, our team unfortunately lost 24:26, 1:2. But instead of being depressed, the boys looked surprisingly more determined than ever.

"Next time we'll take them down." The fire in Hinata's eyes was hard to miss.

"Now that I was able to analyse his serves, I' ll stop them all next time," Inunaki agreed with the same fire.

"Oh no, didn't they teach you how to win at nationals~", Tōru whispered as he walked past.

All the boys and I watched the player with an annoyed smile.

"That damn bastard put on a show for us." Angry but with a trace of amusement, Atsumu wiped the sweat from his forehead.

"Guys! That's it for today," the Coach called out. "You have done well. You won over half of the games! Next time, you'll defeat this team as well."

"Hai!", the boys agreed.

"Practice is over for today. But you still have two more hours in the gym, so you can keep practicing if you want to."

"HAI!" they shouted again, this time even more enthusiastically.

Without wasting a minute, half of the boys went back to the field without a break.

"Omi! Bokuto! Come on, I'll set for you."

Hinata jumped after them. "Hey! Set me too!"

"Wow, these guys have a lot of stamina," said Thiago, who was still standing next to me.