22.

"No wonder yer in such a bad mood," laughed Atsumu, "I'd also be pissed off to be wokn' up for something like that."

"Ya haha," I tried to laugh along nervously so as not to get caught.

In answer to his question why Kiyoomi didn't wear a shirt, I told him that he came to me not only for his report but also because he wanted me to disinfect his back because a bug had crawled into his bed. How did I come up with a lie so quickly? Well, that really happened the other day. A ladybug was lying in my bed and crawled around on his back, which is why he insisted that I had to clean his back - because 'taking a shower alone doesn't take away that disgusting feeling'.

Atsumu had bought it immediately. This was probably because it was not the first time that his black-haired teammate had asked for such an absurd thing.

Still laughing, he took a sip from his cappuccino. We were in a small café hidden in an alley decorated with ivy and potted plants hanging on the walls. It looked enchanting. Atsumu had told me that he discovered the café together with Hinata when they got lost.

Visibly relieved that Atsumu believed me and thus did not fulfill Kiyoomi's wish that the setter should know about it, I was finally able to dedicate myself to my breakfast, which I had only half-heartedly touched before.

"Change of topic. Oikawa's serves are awesome! He practiced a bit with me, but I can't hit as precisely as he can. I really wonder how come he wasn't at nationals," he thought before his eyes widened and he slammed his cup on the table with a caught-looking expression on his face. "Yer not going to tell him I said something like that!"

Smiling, I looked at the light red tone that spread across his cheeks. He was embarrassed that he had praised his rival with such high notes.

"Arisa! Promise me ya won't tell him," he continued to whine, while I bit my croissant in amusement.

The sudden ringing of my phone on the table briefly silenced Atsumu. Speak of the devil.

* Incoming call from Oikawa Tōru*

Just as I was about to reach for my phone, Atsumus' hand lay on mine. I glanced up to look directly into his expressionless face. "Don'tcha say anything to him."

He didn't get more than a grin in response when I picked up the cell phone and took the call.

"Hi, Tōru. We were just talking about you," I purred as I watched Atsumu's panicked face.

It remained silent for a moment on the other line, so I briefly looked at the phone to check if he was still on.

"Oh really? What is it about?" he finally asked.

"Oh, you know," I said in a teasing voice, while my gaze fell on Atsumu, who blinked at me with begging dog eyes not to tell him. "Atsumu said that he would like to know the secret of your beautiful hair."

Atsumu's suddenly dead-looking expression told me that this was probably even worse for him than if I had told Tōru about his compliment. I could hardly hold back my laughter when Atsumu pretended to hang himself from an imaginary rope.

"Oh," said Tōru. Nothing more. No narcissistic or arrogant comments?

"Tōru, is everything okay?" He hadn't spoken in his usually high and bright voice at the beginning either, as he usually did when he started a conversation with me. He sounded very serious, which was really unusual for him. Either he greetes you overly friendly or ironically, but the fact that he spoke so seriously right from the start was uncommon. Again, it remained silent for a short time.

"Arisa, do you have a moment?"

"Umm, sure", I answered him. "I'm having breakfast with Atsumu right now, if you like you can join us?" I offered him, ignoring Atsumu's annoyed expression. I knew that his annoyance was not due to my invitation to Tōru, but to what I had said before.