56.

A/N: It's been half a year lmao. I highly recommend re-reading the last chapter.

~

An arm around her shoulder means nothing.

Bokuto constantly put his arm around her and I didn't even have to start with Atsumu.

It means nothing at all.

Nothing. At. All.

I had to talk myself into it, because otherwise I would lose my shit the first five minutes I met her again. And historically, that's only led to trouble.

It doesn't mean anything.

But just to be sure, I had to talk to her. I didn't know how to start this kind of conversation yet, however I simply had to or I would go completely nuts.

More difficult than starting a conversation would probably be to find her alone again. Because ever since we were inside, Arisa had been caught up in one conversation after another, and not once had that damn guy taken his arm off of her.

Admittedly, it was probably only a few minutes, but a few minutes too many for my taste. Never before had I been so happy to hear Sonoko's shrill voice behind me, drawing attention to herself.

"The food is ready! Come before it gets cold!"

As soon as she uttered that, the monsters rushed towards the dining table.

"Woooow that looks so good!"

"Shōyō close your mouth! You're drooling on the potatoes!"

"I don't want to sit next to Bokuto, he'll eat all my food."

"HEY!"

"I can attest to that!" that Kuroo guy grinningly agreed with Atsumu's statement as he finally took his arm from Arisa, who was watching her old teammates with a light chuckle.

My eyes fell on the seats still available at the table.

Somehow I had to manage to sit next to her. But with her new guard dog at her side, that seemed almost an impossibility.

But, before she could approach the table, one of the cell phones on the coffee table in the living room started ringing.

"It's yours,'" Kuroo informed Arisa, being tall enough to look over his shoulder at the table. Smirking, he looked down at her, as she had that look on her face she always made when trying to suppress an annoyed sigh. "Aren't you going to answer that? Might be important."

His widening grin proved that it probably wasn't important.

The sigh she'd been holding back until just now finally escaped her, before she turned wordlessly to most likely take the call.

Kuroo watched after her with a grin.

I don't like this. Absolutely not.

The two of them made a far too intimate appearance.

I glanced at the others. Those at the table didn't seem to have noticed this moment, they were far too focused on the delicious looking food in front of them.

I would just wait until Arisa came back and then sit down next to her. Or I would sit down already now and make sure that the only free seat would be the one next to me, then she would have no choice but to sit down next to me and talk to me sooner or later.

Now I just had to think about which seats would be best for this.

My gaze roamed over the table. Not the middle, where everyone would be able to talk to her or listen to our conversation-